Gathering pond by milford.

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by catman73, Aug 17, 2008.

1. catman73

catman73 New Member

State:
    Lawrence Kansas
    I went and spent the weekend at my brothers at Ft. Riley. He had been telling me about catching nice size eater cats at this pond out by Milford Lake. He had told me last year that he was out there bass fishing and was catching cats on a Rapala lure. I was like ya right and went on. Well yesterday we went out there and had a blast. We were fishing from his Jon boat with good ol Zebco 33 combos and Rapala lures. We brought home 7 nice eaters all between 3 and 5 ponds. They were hittin those lures like bass do, and using that lite tackle was alot of fun. I will try to get a pic or two on here later on when we get them off the camera.

2. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Darrin, if there were only two of you fishing at the Gathering Pond, and you took home 7 Catfish, you were illegal, you're only allowed to keep two each, that's the limit down there. There's a sign posted where you enter that states that.

3. Midwest Drifter

Midwest Drifter New Member

State:
    Kansas
    That aint no good.You just gota eatum faster.

4. catman73

catman73 New Member

State:
    Lawrence Kansas
    Hmmm I was unaware that that was the limit there. I just assumed that it was the same as the lake areas. It was my first time being there and there was a marathon or some kind of race going on there. They about didnt let us in. We had to promise to the Corp personel that we were not going to be moving around while it was goin on. I work for the Sherifffs Department in another county and my bro is a career military man. So I guess what I am getting at it that we were not intentionally breaking the limit we just did not know. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. I have already told my bro too so that he will know. We have both been brought up hunting and fishing and do what we can to live the straight and narrow. Thanks again.

5. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    yer gonna get a spankin now !! :smile2::smile2:

6. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    yeah J.J., you spank him, I sure ain't gonna try:smile2:

7. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Darrin, all assume does is make an ASS out of U and ME:smile2: No offense intended, HONEST! Everyone makes mistakes, even me, if you can believe that!:smile2: Just thought I'd let you know.

8. catman73

catman73 New Member

State:
    Lawrence Kansas
    Hey thats way cool, I would much rather hear from you than from someone in uniform. I was just hoping that it hadnt made you mad, as I have enjoyed reading your posts on here and have got to where I kind of look up to your opinion. Also I wouldnt want people to have the wrong idea about me or my bro for that matter. Thanks again for the heads up. Maybe next time I go out to see him we can get together. We both enjoy meeting new people with our interests.

9. Midwest Drifter

Midwest Drifter New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Where:s the Game warden when you need one?::confused2:

10. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    :smile2: i dont know which is funnier Stan's comment or Darrin lookin up to Jim's opinion :confused2::smile2: surely you jest !!

just messin w/ ya Jim, its been a while :smile2:

11. SheLuvsCats

SheLuvsCats New Member

State:
    Kansas
    oh my, slap your hands and throw away the license...... WHAT WERE YOU THINKING.......Hey, we all make mistakes....But those little men in uniform are not user friendly to keeping more than your supposed to......BY THE WAY..... "Where were those game wardens when all this was going on." I would have gotten got on the spot...... I am a shit magnet when it comes to game wardens.................:smile2:

12. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Nice to see you back around Cathy. Thats a nice channel in your avatar. Congrats.

13. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Hey Cathy , you got an avatar up. Nice channel. Congrats. Wish you could make the Tuttle Gathering, I know thats a long drive. Chris should be a good son and come pick you up.:smile2:

14. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    Well keith if gas still cost .75 cents then I would do the ten hour drive but then the wife might get a little upset. (sorry mom):eek:oooh:

15. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Darrin, no problem, you let me know when you and your brothere will be coming out fishing again, I can show you some real good shore fishing spots on the main lake. It'd be nice to meet you both too. I live right outside the Curtis Creek park entrance.

16. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Stan and Cathy, they are not GAME WARDENS any longer:eek:oooh: They are now "Titled" CONSERVATION OFFICERS. You better hope none of them visit the BOC and have read your post's and then happen to catch you in a "Catfishing or hunting transgression" then you're gonna get it, but GOOD:smile2::smile2::smile2:

17. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    J.J. I'll reply to your post at Tuttle Creek, you'll pay, OOOHHHHH HOW YOU'LL PAY!!!!!:smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2: