Gathering in Georgia?

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by r ward, Jan 16, 2008.

1. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Well I guess it is time to start talking about a Gathering in Georgia who would be interested give some suggestions for the best time and place to centralize it as much as possible and make it convient for all interested

2. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Richard,

If you have it after 10 June 2008, I will be there! :smile2:

Miller Time! :embarassed:

3. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Well that gives a time frame sorta don't it Paul you know we will do that:cool2:

4. baitshop 2

baitshop 2 New Member

State:
    georgia
    when where and how ???? i will try and be there.....:big_smile:

5. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Well it looks like after June 10 08 so Paul can be there as for anything else ???? that has yet to be figured out yet I hope we can get it where alot of Ga members will be there

6. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Thats a good question Richard:roll_eyes: So many places to chose from. Anyone up for Oconee??? Or maybe the Savanna near augusta??

7. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I'll try to make a GA gathering this year. I'd love to meet and talk catfishing with you guys. Lake Oconee sounds like a good spot, it is a pretty centralized location with some good catfishing I've heard. Maybe the Savannah River all the way down near Savannah, there's got to be some good cats in that river too, and that's a nice vacation spot.

8. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    I was fishing with a gent in Augusta area Savanna this past summer and boy o boy we had 4 30+ flatheads bust us off in little over an hour so the Savanna sounds good to me LOL

9. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    We had a gathering at lake Oconee and was pretty good have not fished the Savannha river so don't know anything about it what we can do is look for what the most people say they could feasably get to and what they prefer on dates too

10. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    This will be a blast.

Richard you always throw a good time at these. Bring on the Ribs! :smile2:

11. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Thanks Paul but I can't do it by myself so I hope we get some good input ribs hmmm you have give me something to look into

12. Plowboy411

Plowboy411 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I don't know what goes into something like this but I would like some more info.maybe I can help.:confused2::big_smile:

13. Pirate Jerry

Pirate Jerry New Member

State:
    Yulee Florida
    would you'all let a florida guy join in? After all I am only about 8 miles on the good side of the FL/Ga line

14. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Everyone who wants to make the trip can come on we all family after all
    As for what all goes into it we usally plan about three days worth of b s and fun or fishin or what ever starting on Friday with people comin in and setting up and getting to know or catching up on old friendships Sat, we could have a group meal and really shoot the Bull and maybe even throw in some sort of contests if we want then Sunday is say see ya later and leaving for home until the next time but we got to have fun

15. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Also if you know of a good campground and fishin hole that is centralized kinda you can put that name in the hat some like me tent camp some have campers

16. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    You could have the gathering on truman lake ,,just kidding ,good luck on planning bro,,,,

17. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    oconee sounds good to me, lol.......although i would probably make it no matter where it might be. Is anyone familiar with Jackson or Julliette? I"ve heard they hold numbers of trophy cats....I would like to get out to West Point sometime too.

18. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    Maybe we could even find a good campground on the ocmulgee, oconee, or flint rivers??

19. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Looking at the GA atlas and gazetteer, there is a campground at GA Veterans St. Park at Lake Blackshear on the Flint River, near the town of Cordele.

20. Redman 54

Redman 54 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Count me in for anywhere anytime. Lake Oconee sounds good to me too, But I'll go with the group. I'll also do whatever to help. Lookin forward to meeting yall and puttin some real people with the posts. Sounds great