Gathering [Georgia]

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by r ward, May 7, 2007.

1. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Someone asked about a Georgia gathering so we started getting one arranged . We asked for times and places all said it did not matter twentyseven people said they would be there eleven total showed up so the next one will be arranged by someone else because as far as I can tell this did not suit your wants and desires after the question was put up for what you wanted I know why Paul did not show 1 good reason deerhunter01 had to backout he did notify us and I thank them both to the ones who did not show WHY

2. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    Hey Richard don't give up on them just yet. I had a feeling that a bunch wouldn''t show up but it was far from your fault. Hey I showed up that should be prize enough:big_smile: . Peoples word just isn't worth squat now days. Thats why I was thinking of the next on up on the Coosa river. Georgia, Tennessee, Alabama tri-state gathering. Even if Georgia has a low count Tennessee and Alabama should pull up the numbers. Just a thought. I know Massey would be there. Mans all about fishing. We'd make the haul. I know how you feel. Maybe things will change..

3. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Richard: as long as I have been here on the BOC there is always about half that show up that is signed up to a event. I am not sure why but I am sure some of these people schedule things and forget about signing up to this event. Some wake up with other things going on that was not scheduled. I have been to several gatherings and this is an area that happens alot, it don't matter where its help as you seen last year with the one in the center of Georgia only half showed up to that one.

I wish there was a way to get everyone together for these but it has always been this way, its nothing to quit on, if I was you I would still schedule one and if only 11 or 20 people show up its well worth it, Its the people that see us there and they join the BOC. This is just another way of advertising the BOC. I had the first Ohio river gathering and 32 out of 56 members showed up for it. but they keep having one every year. Just please try and re-think this, your a good man and do a great job for the BOC.

Thanks Richard for all you do

D/H

4. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    I understaand what you are both saying it is just a real downer to try and plan a "family" gathering and people decide they got something else to do even Richard Dunbar [who is leaving for Iraq tonight] came and PeeWee came those and all that did show helped to make it great

5. cherokee laker

cherokee laker New Member

State:
    georgia
    Rward,
    I apologize for not being able to make it, the catfish Tourney had me tied up.
    I did get to meet gator at the captain's dinner, I just wish I could've met a few more of ya'll

CL

6. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    as long as i can let work know with some notice i sure will be there....hey richard i know that everyone that did show appreciates the weeks and months that you put in to organize the the whole deal...you really did step up and took the responsibility of contacting the campsite and getting food together and everything else. just to let everyone know i try to fish somewhere in the georgia area every weekend....except for this next weekend i will probably be busy getting my boat all rigged up and legal and all....anyone wants to fish anytime get a hold of me, or we can all meet up somewhere again......i know a nice bank spot on the oconee about an hour south of milledgeville where about 5 people can fish without being clustered.....again it was nice too meet everyone, and i found out a lot of you are less then an hour from where im at........let's catch some fish this summer and represent GA on the B.O.C...................massey

7. adog

adog New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I also would like to say thanks to you guys for making me feel welcome. The fishing wasn't great, but just being around friends was good enough for me! That and I caught the only catfish!!

8. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    Now you can't claim all the fish. Mr. Dunbar caught one right before we left:tounge_out:

9. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    You are so right about that Matt lookin forward to fishin with you both again

10. spinner cat

spinner cat New Member

State:
    hinesville,georgia
    Richard ,
    Sorry to hear of the poor showing at the Ga. gathering.I would have liked to come BUT I was in the fishing tournament.Im not sure how a good turn out was expected when you are up against the biggest event of the year.I think you were up against some pretty bad odds,kinda like having a party to watch golf on Super Bowl Sunday.I wonder why the two events were'nt combined or at least held closer to each other so both could be enjoyed.

11. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    I believe it is just human nature for people to say one thing and do another. I plan events too, benefits, cookouts fish fries and such. If you get 60% of the people that say they will come to actually make it you are doing well. I have put on fish fries with all the goodies and sold tickets and still only get slightly over half to come even when they paid their money in advance and knew it was nonrefundable.
    I used to get down hearted and say I'd never do it again too. That was untill I got reminded of the sacrifice Christ made and still people won't come.
    JMHO

Cheez