Gathering at Tawakoni December 4th through 6th

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by cathog, Sep 4, 2009.

1. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    Alright yall the poll is done and Dec 4th thru 6th won out. Wind Point Park will be the venue, web site is www.windpointpark.com.Phone number is 903-662-5134. Looks like their could be lots of folks attending including a lot of arkies. Fishing for big blues should be really good this time of year, so I hope everyone can come.

2. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    I have seen that Billy and Cass have booked nights at the Shoestring Inn, a B&B by the dam. I have never been there but it looks like a nice place also. The number there is 1-800-825-5006. The cabins at Wind Point are nice also and sleep up to 6. The drive in a car from the B&B to Wind Point park will take about 30 minutes. In a boat the drive will be about 15 to 20 minutes depending on how fast of a boat. I should have the blues patterned pretty well by the time of the gathering, there is deep and shallow water fishing within minutes of both places, and I know of lots of good blue holding structure at both places. Cant wait, this is gonna be a good one.

3. catgrlcali

catgrlcali New Member

State:
    haltom city,TX
    i cant wait i really hope i can come jsut gotta figure out work scedule and pace to stay etc but cant wait to get another big fish cause ima get one b4 then lol:roll_eyes::smile2::big_smile:

4. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    i can hardly wait gary. i talked to my step son today and am gonna borrow his boat for the trip. it's a bit bigger than my old flatbottom and will be a better choice for the lake. where do you get a wind sock and what size would you recommend for an 18ft aluminum bass boat? i know that you gotta have a wind sock for slowing the boat down for those winter blues.
    man, this is gonna be a blast.

5. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Billy check ebay that is where i got mine ,or try a couple of 5 gallon buckets off the boat to slow it down :wink:

6. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Gary, whats the nightly rate for the cabins. Me and Sam are going drift fishing Monday, i'll talk to him then and see if he wants to go.

7. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    Billy, Academy sporting goods is the cheapest place for drift socks that I have found. I would use a 4 footer for an 18' boat. A 3 footer is the suggested size, but a 4 would slow you down a lot better for drifting.

8. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    Johnny the cabins are $75 a night for 2 people and $5 a piece extra for up to 6 people. They are like small apartments.

9. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Thats what I was gonna suggest, where I got mine last year and the price is cheap if ya buy the yellow ones. Worth the money though for slowin ya down. :wink:

10. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    OH, by the way Hilblegirl says lets go:cool2: I have a cousin in Dallas Maybe I can get him to visit also. Those big blues on thier braggin board sure do look like alot of fun. We will camp at the park no tellin where as it says first come first serve . is the lake stable enough to leave the boat on the shore or is it allowed? Mac

11. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    I talked to Sam today and we may come down. We will get in touch with Reagan and see if he wants to go. We will post when we know for sure if we are coming.

12. SeanT.

SeanT. New Member

State:
    Midlothian, Texas
    Got my calander marked for this.

13. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Right now it's looking good for me & Johnny:cool2: Waiting on Regan:eek:oooh:

14. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    Hey anyone want to help out a catfishing guy from AZ? I lived in Dallas TX, and Kileen TX for a while, I also go there every year to shoot hogs with my bow out in Llano. I would fly into where ever you want me to, and split all your costs/gas with ya. Never caught a bluecat, but in AZ i have caught a 70.1 pound Flattie, and many in the 40-50 pound range, and too many 20-30 pounder to count. Just looking to hang out in my favorite state, and do my favorite thing. I want to get a big blue (30 pounder) and meet new folks in TX. I take a ton of people out here, and many have caught there PB with me. So you know I am not a nut job, I can give you many people in the AZ BOCs name to verify who i am.

15. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i may be able to make it out

16. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    You need to Jeffro, might make you move about 2 hours east :smile2::smile2::smile2:.

17. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    it's not far from dallas to lake tawokini rob. if you want to come for our gathering all you'd need to do is rent a car at DFW airport and drive 50 miles or so to the lake. we'd be glad to have you there. gonna be lots of big cat action and a 30lber should be no problem.

18. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    gonna be lots of big cat action and a 30lber should be no problem.[/QUOTE]

I like the way your thinking there Billy...positive attitude...good frame of mind...and it's only september:eek:oooh::tounge_out::wink::cool2: Them cats wont stand a chance come december:cool2:

19. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    Ok so far two from Arizona are coming out there. The most I i will bring is 4 with me. I will make the reservations for a cabin as soon as I have four going. We are going to drive out there on Thursday, and meet up with you guys. None of us have caught Blues before, but the two of us that are going so far have caught big Flatheads. Ill keep you guys informed. This is going to be one kick butt road trip. Are a lot of you guys bringing boats, or renting them there? Or if any of you guys have room for us on your boat? If not we can rent one. Im thinking (cause I have had people back out before) there will for sure be two of us. We will bring our own gear. We just dont know the lake of course, or the techniques used to fish for Blues. Help will be needed! Thanks guys!!!

Last edited: Sep 9, 2009
  20. thecatman

thecatman New Member

State:
    Graham, Texas,
    i will be bringing my boat not sure how many i could fit confortably and fish maybe 1-2