Gathering At Long Hunter State Park?

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by Catfish_Scooter, Oct 5, 2009.

1. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I know we have been talking about arranging a gathering there and I think it's a fine idea. Does anyone have any times arranged? I was shooting for next spring. Also after we get when everyone can attend, we need to get a meal sheet ready. Please post below to state what you can do.

Thanks.

2. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    AJ, be careful. We already that I know of have 3 scheduled or being organized for the spring here in Tennessee. Up to you if you want to try this, but if you happen to pick a weekend too close to the others, there will be many not show up and one or the other which can make it a bit disappointing for whoever is organizing it. I know of one in Feb(Fish and Camp in Erin), one in March(Pickwick again in March) and One in April(Chattanooga) right now. We've tried all of this before in the past and if you pick a time when there are no others going on, you will get much better results. FYI

3. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Mr.Bryan you are right on..The timing needs to be perfect..But I do believe that we need to have one in Nashville/Middle TN area..

4. Whistler

State:
    TN
    Well, I believe you're correct there. We have one in Erin each February and if you go to that one, I'm sure you'll agree that it's probably one of the more fun gatherings as far as fishing goes. Erin is about 76 miles from Nashville. Anyway, as I said, it's up to you what you do. Just be aware that if you get into a competition with some of the more established gatherings, you're likely to be disappointed with the turnout. But who knows? Give it a go if you want to.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2009
  5. lforet2002

State:
    Tennessee
    I think we've had a spike in Middle Tennessee members in the last few months so I think it would work..I know I've been spreading the word to come here and at least visit..I think we should try like someone had said a "mini gathering" or something to that effect..Make a test run sort a speak..I haven't hear anything about Erin gathering..Maybe you can fill us in Mr. Bryan for the guys like me who haven't gotten a clue..I googled Erin and it looks like its not far from Cumberland City is that correct..Do you know what park where its at..I can't find anything here on that particular gathering??

6. TennesseeJugger

TennesseeJugger New Member

State:
    Watertown, Tenn
    I am in for a mini at Long Hunter.

7. Catfish_Scooter

State:
    Tennessee
    Long Hunter for me as well Don, How about you Les?

8. lforet2002

State:
    Tennessee
    I'm in..I got a tent and hopefully I'll get my boat running..That darn boat is giving me fits..

9. Catfish_Scooter

State:
    Tennessee
    Excellent. Well have you checked the fuel line yet?

10. TennesseeJugger

TennesseeJugger New Member

State:
    Watertown, Tenn
    What is it doing or not doing Les?

11. crappietime

crappietime New Member

State:
    Murfreesboro Tennessee
    I would more than likely make it to LongHunter since it is close to home.But I would like to check out Erin also..Most specially since there is a person that attends that shares the last name as me..So maybe we can put together some background checking..:big_smile:

12. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
  13. Whistler

State:
    TN
    Well, from the parking lot of the hotel where we base out of it's 6 miles to the boat ramp and the steam plant in Cumberland City. There is almost always skipjacks running in force at that time and the cats like to bite pretty good then. Not always of course, a lot depends on weather and all the normal things that can effect the fishing. But in the evening when everyone is sitting around in their rooms bsing and comparing fish stories, equipment and all the normal lies you hear. LOL I made a post in the gathering sections a few days ago. It's really 3 days of pure fishing and having fun. It's unique as far as gatherings go and it's the highlight of my fishing year. I live about 14 miles from the steam plant so it's the only time I get to go to a gathering without driving 3 to 10 hours. Where you guys live, you should check out the gathering at Chattanooga too. Big cats, great crappie fishing and some great friendship. Usually about 30 members at each of these events. And you know? If you live anywhere near Murphreesboro, I can tell you it's right at 90 miles to my house from there. I can be at Sam Ridley Parkway is just about an hour from my house. Nothing says we can't all get together some Saturday for a fishing event. That would be fun.

14. Whistler

State:
    TN
    Ya, what they said! :smile2:

15. lforet2002

State:
    Tennessee
    Well last weekend I took it out and when I goosed the throttle and it would get up on the slide like it was brand new..For about a minute..Then it would just bog down to idle speed..I figured maybe my fuel line was bad..Got a new fuel line..So I take it out this past Sunday and it wouldn't even crank up..Like its not getting fire..I think I need to just bite the bullet and bring it to the mechanic..

16. Catfish_Scooter

State:
    Tennessee
    If you think youve tried all possible solutions go for it.:wink: