Gateway Ultimate Fishing Championship

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by Cuz, Feb 22, 2009.

1. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Gateway Ultimate Fishing Championship Series

As of March 15th, all persons with their dues paid up in full, will have their names put into a hat. I will let Jack and Lauren pull out two names at a time and this will the first round of who is paired with who. The winner advances to round two, and well redraw names for each consecutive round. This will continue until there is a Gateway UFC Champion. If each Gateway Member would like for one of there family members to be included, they will have to declare that on the appropriate thread at the time of the name drawings. Each person MUST reel in there own fish. No help with the exception of netting will be allowed.

Winner for each bout is determined by who catches the BIGGEST FISH. Heaviest fish wins the bout.

Rules are simple. Each contestant can fish any body of water, out of any boat (even together if you desire). However, each contestant MUST fish on the same day. Tournament hours will be based on CELL PHONE TIME. You may begin fishing at 6am, and must not include a fish you caught no later than 8pm. 6am-8pm. No exceptions.

I will release a 'control measure' prior to each pairs bout. In the bouts that I might be fishing, Vice-President Michael Jake will give the Control Measure. The control measure and your fish must be plainly visible in the digital photo.

For the Gateway UFC Grand Champion -

I am personally buying a spanking brand new rod/reel outfit.

Penn 220 GTI Level Wind Reel on a Catfish Safari Flathead Rod

Leeeeeeetttssssssss Getttt Rrrrreeeadddyyyyy to rumblllleeeeeeeeeeeeeee

2. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    aleast you guys liked my idea.To bad it's for club members only:sad2:.

3. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO

Club Membership has its privileges. I got the idea from watching the battle between Ole Bob, and Jason. I was unaware of where the idea came from.

4. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Thats really a GREAT IDEA. I am out of reps at the moment.

Will there be a losers bracket for a consolation prize? i.e. double elimination. Not sure how those bracket thingys work as I do not follow sports. Might just complicate matters. Just throwing out ideas.

One loss and OUT is brutal.:eek:oooh: But I hear these fishoff things do indeed get brutal on occassion.:smile2:

May the person left standing alone at the end of the battle have their name etched in the History Books of Gateway Cats Lore!

5. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    The possibility of a 'Consolation Bracket' is being taken under advisement. I'll make a decision by March 15th.

6. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Simple John......join the club.:wink:

7. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Here's a question that was posted at the meeting.

Is the person that wins the Ultimate Fishing Championship going to be the 2009 Gateway Angler Of The Year?

Cuz's Answer - "Not necessarily. It is possible that the winner of the UFC could be the Angler Of The Year, but doesnt guarantee it. Angler Of The Year Honors will go to the Angler that in our 'opinion' has gone above and beyond in there fishing exploits, and has done it on a regular basis. It doesnt mean biggest fish, most fish, etc. Its more of a 'judgement' call. I'll be tasking Gateway's Board Of Directors with this project to determine the Gateway Angler Of The Year in 2009.

8. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    Sounds good Cuz, but instead of just pulling out 2 names at a time I like the idea of a bracket (Like the March Madness of Catfishing). No need to rank anyone, just randomly list all members that are interested and pull out a bracket number for them (this is where Jack and Lauren come in) and then just set it up if there's 16 members then it's 1 vs. 16 2 vs. 15, etc. winners move on through the bracket. Losers can be moved to another bracket and continue as above.

9. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    Look at it like this John, with as much enjoyment you get out of hanging out with us on these threads in this section it can only get better hanging out with us in person....:eek:oooh:

10. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
  11. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Thats basically the way I am setting it up. The Brackets will be random. I'm leaning towards having a consolation bracket with the winner of the Consolation Bracket getting to face the winner of the Winners Bracket for the Championship. Heres the catch, in order for the Consolation Bracket winner to emerge the Champion, he MUST defeat the winners bracket champion TWICE. After all, the Consolation Bracket Champion will have had a loss already. If the Winners Bracket Champion wins the first bout with the Consolation Bracket Champion, The Winners Bracket Champion will be deemed the Gateway Ultimate Fishing Champion. Two wins wont be necessary as this will give the Consolation Bracket Champion there 2nd loss.

Thoughts?

12. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    In effect.....double elimination which is a common thing. I like the idea.

Probably a free software somewhere that could be dredged up to set it all up and enter results as we go.

13. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Reminder, the Gateway UFC is for Paid Members Only as of March 15th. Lets get the list started. Please make a post of your interest. The brackets will be posted on March 16th.

1. Cuz
    2. Malichii
    3. Skipeye

14. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    count me in

15. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Here is one worth looking at on download.com which has always been a good source of freeware for me.

http://www.download.com/Tournament-Bracket-Builder/3000-2136_4-10436272.html

Tournament Bracket Builder is a simple program that builds single or double elimination tournament brackets for up to 32 players/teams. The brackets are created in HTML format so can be printed or modified. Version 1.2 includes unspecified updates.

16. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    i'm game

17. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    As much as I do not like competing, count me in. If for no other reason than to see the reaction to whomever gets paired up against me. It'll be a gimmee for them, a free ride, a pass.:eek:oooh:

18. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    The software link I posted only builds the bracket sheets with the names on them. Any further editing is 'penciled in' on a hard copy. I'll keep looking for one that is completely electronic.

19. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Thx Skip. I downloaded the software. Only question I have is, how can I publish the brackets so that everyone can see them?

20. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Yeah Tom, after watching you shoot pool last nite, I can see you dont like to compete.
    I hesitantly inform you I am game for the championship series.