Gateway LOGO Distribution

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by Cuz, Feb 28, 2008.

IN REGARDS TO THE GATEWAY CATS LOGO

1. Heck Yeah - I think the Club should make a bone on each decal, shirt, hat, patch

2. NOPE, I'd rather buy each item direct from the Design Shop.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Hello All. The Gateway Logo Project is nearing completion. I hope the majority will be happy with it. I'll be posting the final image soon for everyone to look at it before the Graphic Design Company locks the image in for our enjoyment. :wink:

I will be immeditately be working to secure the image with a trademark. The image will belong to none other than Gateway Cats, LLC.

The only other issue remaining will be on how to distribute the various size decals etc and do we as a club wish to make a very slight profit on each item purchased. In other words, will you be purchasing the products from Gateway Cats, or will you be purchasing from XYZ Design? If we go the club route, we can add a slight profit to each decal etc etc which will give the Club extra operating revenue for activities. Or, you will be able to purchase directly from the Design Company. My vote is for Gateway Cats to make an extra dollar or two on its logo which will go directly to the Clubs Bottom line. All orders for decals etc will be club knowledge and will be part of the monthly meetings. So, please make your vote known.

2. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    I think overall it would be cheaper for everyone if they buy them through the club. If the club buys a bulk order of decals, patches, shirts, hats, etc it will be much cheaper per item than having individuals going and getting 1 0r 2 things made, even if we say that a dollar or two is going to the club.

3. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Thats a good thought, and when it comes down to shirts and hats and such you are correct. As for decals, I've negotiated a price of 1 Dollar per inch of logo. So, if the Logo is 6 inches tall, its 6 Bones. If you want a foot size logo, well thats 12 Bones. I told the guy to give me a price a pilot could add up quickly, he said okay 1 Dollar :smile2: My thoughts are to add one dollar for each product for The Club. So, if you want a 6 inch decal, Gateway Cats will have have purchased the Decal for 6 dollars and will sell it to you for 1 Dollar. Club makes a buck.

Its my intention to give one small Decal to each new club member that signs up. For those already signed up, you'll get your decals :wink: I have to work on that, so dont bug me with it. :smile2::wink:

If each of you could pick 4 sizes of decals, What would it be? (In inches tall and long) Keep in mind, your boat, truck windows, etc etc.

4. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    6 inches for a truck and 12 inches for the boat. Of course some around here have bigger boats than me so you might want to get Jerry a 36 incher.:big_smile:

5. BajaCoop

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    I would think that about a 6 inch logo would look pretty nice in the back window of a truck.

6. BajaCoop

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    So what size boat logo are we gonna get Harold...................

7. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Here is the image that is being tweaked at the designer.

Attached Files:

8. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    The 1 inch logo for his toy boat that he uses in the tub at night. :smile2: J/K Mr Hicks. We luv ya man. mean it. :smile2:

9. BajaCoop

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    maybe me and harold just need to get magnetic logos and then we can transfer them depending on which boat we snuck a ride in.

Except I don't know how that will work out with Ryanus's plastic boat.

BTW I do know that magnet's don't actually stick to aluminum but couldn't think of anything better to poke fun at harold and I lacking a boat and Ryanus having a plastic one.

10. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Not too good at all Ed, I will have to get one of those sticky backed ones.

11. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis

Hey plastic boats dont have anything to do with it....................LOL:smile2::wink::big_smile:

12. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Dang, I'm looking at between 5 and 6 HUNDRED bones to get our name brand and logo protected via a Trademark. OUCH. Oh well, I reckon that 1197 can wait a few more months. :smile2: After this gets paid, I believe I'm about finished carrying the bill. By summer I'm hoping the club can be self sufficient and begin to pick up the fumble and run with it.

Note: It is critically important that when the final image design is shown to you here on the board that you not run out and print it up and plaster it all over everything. The absolute first uses of the logo MUST be documented, and that will be taken care of easily if everything is coming though via the club and not direct from the Designer.

I dont mind forking out the cash to protect the image. I knew I would be looking at some fairly substantial cash outlays to bring this club to fruition. IF the club succeeds and brings years and years of enjoyment to everyone, then I'll feel like I have been Paid Back. :wink:

13. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Wow it is gonna take a lot of back to back wins in dollar tourneys to pay that off.

14. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Well, the 3PEAT will certainly get things going in that direction. LMAO :smile2:

15. BajaCoop

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    Guess it is a good thing you learned how to play with those big airplanes so you can make the big bucks.

16. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Kudos to ya Cuz for all your hard work!!

About the cost, is that $1 per inch or $1 per square inch? If it's $1 per inch, then wouldn't that be $2 per square inch? Just curious.

Cuz, I think that the club should reinburse you for the trademark fees. Especially once the logo is finished and the decals start selling.

17. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    I second that Bill. You shouldn't have to fit the bill for that.

18. Darren Twellman

Darren Twellman New Member

State:
    Missouri
    CUZ,

I would be willing to pay more for the patches stickers ect, so a portion of the proceeds could go towards reimbursing your cost. I am sure most all club members would agree that you should not have to absorb the start up cost.

19. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis

I agree,:wink:

cuz you already put alot into this club.
    Your a pretty big guy but you dont have to pull the whole load by yourself buddy.
    HECK, WE GOT RIVER RAT FOR THAT (jK)

hey if theres anything I can do give me a shout

20. olejer

olejer New Member

State:
    Herculaneum Mo.
    Awh quit ryan your makin me blush