Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
41 - 60 of 176 Posts
Na, ya don't need that feeling until all the flood water from the north makes its way down the sippy and the mo....:eek:oooh:

What ever happened to the infamous "Barbie Pole" fish off?

Discussion starter · #42 ·
I'm personally hoping the river settles down a bit. I am starting to feel like we are having a repeat of 2008.:eek:oooh:
Yeah but 2008 super high water started in January and didnt subside until the end of July :crazy: So, were already a little better. I'm hoping the river level comes down quite a bit before all the melt off from the North makes its way down hill. It will help if the Spring Rains hold off a bit so we can move some water out of the way.

Just made my annual pilgrimage over to Edwardsville to have the taxes done… Stopped by CB to check it out and it was about two feet below the top of the ramp, moving out :crazy: and looked like a mine field coming down from bank to bank… The stats say the mighty Mo is higher now for the St. Charles area than in mid March… the Mississippi is still down but in for a rapid rise… this is one time where I would recommend to all to stay off the river… the upper pools are just into flood stage and don’t have the debris but think I might head up to MTL this Wednesday and chase some crappie around.
As far as a dollar gathering the 4th and 11th are the options I see as the 18th and 25th are tournament days... water might not be good for the 4th so how about the 11th???

I was on the Missouri yesterday @ Weldon Springs. The river was moving fast but still managed to catch fish. Where I caught fish is where I had ZERO trash......16 ounce weights were the only way to go.....If I had alot of trash I didnt get a bite.....Still fishable but tough....

I need to know a week or so ahead of time for the dollar tourney and meeting so I can schedule the time off in tme to get it .. So don't wait till the last minute to decide.. I would actually like to make a few club events

Discussion starter · #49 ·
How about the 11th for everybody? Most likely I wont be able to make it, but I dont have to be there.

Has anybody decided where it will be at.. Not everybody has an Illinois License but everybody will need a Missouri license to fish the August tourney so might as well get it early..

Discussion starter · #51 ·
Has anybody decided where it will be at.. Not everybody has an Illinois License but everybody will need a Missouri license to fish the August tourney so might as well get it early..
If your fishing just the Mississippi River, and not any tributarys of the state your not licensed in, you dont need both states licenses.

In other words, you dont need a Missouri License to fish the tournament if your only going to fish the Mississippi River. Thats my understanding of it anyhow.

Discussion starter · #53 ·
If your fishing just the Mississippi River, and not any tributarys of the state your not licensed in, you dont need both states licenses.

In other words, you dont need a Missouri License to fish the tournament if your only going to fish the Mississippi River. Thats my understanding of it anyhow.
Is all this correct Chris? :smile2::eek:oooh:

i dont think cabelas cares if you have one or not, its up to you to get what one you need for the tourney. they just want you to know that entry in the tourney dose not enclude fishing license. if you have a ill. license you can fish the mississippi, but you cant go up a creek to fish or net bait on the missouri side. works the same if you have mo. license cant go up creeks to fish or net bait on the ill. side. but you MUST HAVE ONE OF THEM. i know what they ask you on poly graph, dont think you would pass if you didnt have mo. or ill. license.

LOL, Harry would pass even if he didn't fish, after 3 minutes the machine would go up in smoke! :smile2: :smile2: :smile2:

Hey Randy, I found the crappie. Well, if you consider 15 inch crappie as worth finding. Couldn't believe the size!

Yep, an I aint tellin where! Nanny nanny boo boo.:smile2:

Hey Randy, I found the crappie. Well, if you consider 15 inch crappie as worth finding. Couldn't believe the size!

Yep, an I aint tellin where! Nanny nanny boo boo.:smile2:

Must have been watching Jimmy Houston today eh? :smile2: :smile2:

41 - 60 of 176 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.