Gateway DOLLAR Tourney Time

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by Cuz, Mar 19, 2009.

1. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Hey guys. I feel its high time we come together as a group and kick the season off. We have alot of new members to meet, and get voted in and get a couple of committees kicked off for some of our events this year.

I'd like to have a Dollar Tourney to do this. However, I'm leaning in a different direction for our very first one this year. We have guys waiting on boats, and a quite a few guys with broken boats awaiting repairs, so I have an idea :crazy:

I'm thinking of our first Dollar Tourney, to be a BANK FISHING event. NO BOATS :smile2: Well all be at the SAME location, and have a Dollar Event there. The parking area below the dam at Alton would be great for this.
    Be a great time to get to know/see everyone, share stories, and stand shoulder to shoulder and do some fishing "Float Trip Style" :smile2: Well keep the meeting portion extremely short, and can have a 2-3 hour 'tourney' right from the bank. Sounds like fun to me. Only thing I can see that below Alton might not work due to the huge amount of snaggers. Suggestions?

Give me your feedback on this?

2. Pipe Rat

Pipe Rat Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Or we could have Chris reserve a lake for us:smile2:

3. Stl-Stitch

Stl-Stitch New Member

State:
    Saint Charles, MO
    Name the place and time and I'll be there. Alton is fine with me.

4. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    what about the riverfront? are I kno a place where theres about a 3-4 mile strech of the big river... u just drive up to a trail and walk to the river.. its not far you can park and toss a rock in the water.. I think the riverfront would work but if its on a saturday we'll have to get there early

5. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    Sounds good. Any place is alright with me.

6. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    If it's below Alton during snagging season, I don't think I'd be able to refrain from throwing a 10/0 treble to help thin the asian carp population...:embarassed: I guess I just wouldn't win the tournament, but I'd still like meeting everybody and I'd still throw a dollar in. :smile2:

7. hillbilly25002000

hillbilly25002000 New Member

State:
    missouri
    anywhere is fine with me just need to know when so i can ask off work

8. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Works for me.. across from dam on Illinois side is a stretch of bank too

9. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    I could make it most anytime in March. Just name the place. If it is alton I too would enter and probably "loose" the tourney as I just could not resist laying waste to a few of our silver friends...cut bait for everyone!!! Sounds like fun!

10. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    On the Illinois side right at the confluence there is a Lewis and Clark monument and a fairly big parking lot. There's plenty of (level and easily accessible) bank for everyone to fish. You could fish the feeder creek, the confluence area, and a few barge pylons in that area. Just a thought. :cool2:

11. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    Sounds like a good spot as well. Do I need an IL fishing license to fish from the IL shore of the Mississippi if I have a MO license? No biggie if I need to get one...just asking the question.

12. catfishchris

catfishchris Active Member

State:
    missouri
    Nope, you sure don't.

13. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    Good point on the fishing license. At least Illinois takes it easy on the non-residents.... Can't say the same for Missouri. :smile2: I will say the Missouri side certainly takes better care of the ramps. Or, at least provides some ramps. :roll_eyes:

14. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    I figured a shorebound fisherman standing on the Illinois shore would need an Illinois fishing license. :confused2: Shows what I know.

15. catfishchris

catfishchris Active Member

State:
    missouri
    Under the Missouri/Illinois reciprocal aggrement fisherman from either state can fish on the banks of the Mississippi with either license. However, you can't fish the tributaries such as the Missouri or Illinois Rivers, unless you have a license from the state where the tributary is located.

16. poopdeck [patrick]

State:
    ofallon il
    Freespool, that sounds like a good place too. I have fished there a lot. If the river is flowing at a certain level you can catch blues there. Also theres usually shad around that you can get from the bank or up on the spillway. when I was a kid we used to swim on the spillway there. We called that creek hartford canal.

17. poopdeck [patrick]

State:
    ofallon il
    Next weekend would be great for me but I can go most anytime.

18. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Patrick, that little creek that you are talkin about, would require an IL license in order to catch shad there. However, you are quite right, I used to find lots of shad up that creek.

19. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    So FreeSpool gets bait for everyone out of the creek, COOL! :smile2:

20. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    Why don't you fish out of boats.The people who have boats bring them and the people who don't hook up with the people who do and go out and fish.That would be alot easier than trying to find a bank spot.Just my opion but I am not a member or I would probably come down and bring my boat.