GATEWAY CLASSIC FISHING TOURNAMENT

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by Cuz, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Ok, this will be the official tournament thread from here till April 05th for last minute information and details anyone may have.

My fellow Gateway Cat members, PLEASE, PLEASE lets keep this one thread related to the tournament so the anglers have a place to go for information. We have dozens of other threads to shoot the bullon. Thanks for you understanding.

The Gateway Classic
    April 5th, 2008
    Plattin Rock Boat Club
    Crystal City, Missouri (35 miles south of St. Louis)
    Tournament Hours 6:30 Am - 3:00 PM.
    Pre-Tournament Meeting at 5:30 am the morning of the tourney at the launch site. (only one member from each boat need be present)
    ALL BOATS MUST BE IN FRONT OF THE BOAT CLUB BY 4:00 PM, with boat at idle power only, to be considererd for weigh in. NO EXCEPTIONS.

Gateway Cats proudly presents the 2008 Gateway Classic. The good folks at Cabelas have decided to make our tournament, a FULL stop on the Cabelas King Kat Tour. Thats right, this is a full fledged Cabelas Event right here on the Mississippi River. ALOT of time and effort has gone into putting this exciting tournament together, and I hope the members of Gateway, and the Brotherhood Of Catfisherman are excited to be a part of it.

The Top 20 Teams qualify for the King Kat Classic to be held in Henderson, KY in September.

Entry fee for the Gateway Classic will be 100.00 Per Boat.

80% Payback, with the remaining 20% going to the Prize Purse at The King Kat Classic in September

All Cabelas Rules will prevail, along with all rules and regulations of the Missouri Department of Conservation.

The signup process will be through Cabelas and I will post all tournament details here in the Gateway section of the BOC, and well have a post in the Cabelas Section also.

Discounted lodging will be available to all the tournament anglers.

These Fine Sponsors support the Cabelas King Kat Tournament Trail and the Gateway Classic. Please keep them in mind for your outdoor passions.

1. Cabelas
    2. CatfishSafariRods
    3. West Marine
    4. Outdoor Guide Magazine
    5. The Rod Shop -
    6. Plattin Rock Boat Club
    7. Dunns Sporting Goods
    8. Cooks Boats n Motors
    9. Eagle Claw
    10. Tite-Lok Rod Holders and Fishing Accessories
    11. Suzuki Marine
    12. SeaArk Boats
    13. Adventure Products EGO Nets
    14. Fling Cast Nets
    15. Humminbird Electronics
    16. Minn Kota Trolling Motors
    17. Vicious Fishing Line
    18. J.R. Mad's Famous Fish Breading
    19. Food Source Lures
    20. Bee Jay Bait Company Inc.
    21. Ron Gooding Insurance

The following companies have furnished product to make your tournaments possible: Keep Alive Oxygen Infusor, Flip Stick Outdoors and Hydro Glow fish light

If you know anyone interested in fishing this exciting Tournament, please direct them to catfish1.com, and tell them to look in the Partners In Catfishing Section for Gateway, or Cabelas for information. Tell em, while they are there, to JOIN up with the Brotherhood Of Catfisherman and stay awhile.

Gateway Cats wants to expressly Thank The Brotherhood Of Catfisherman, the folks at Cabelas, and The Plattin Rock Boat Club for making this all possible.
    Cabelas King Kat Tournament Trail/Gateway Classic Rules and Regulations

1. This is a team event. Team will consist of one or two persons with one exception. A third person may accompany the team provided the third person is under 16 years of age or over 65 years of age. Six (6) rod limit rule still applies.

2. In case of extreme water/weather conditions, Outdoor Promotions Inc. reserves the right to postpone or cancel this event with the return of entry fees by mail.

3. Sign up for qualifying events will be by phone or mail at least 15 days prior to tournament date to avoid $25.00 late fee. Late entries will be accepted between 5 PM and 7 PM on Friday evening prior to tournament at the host hotel or at the mandatory pre-tournament meeting at 5:30 AM tournament morning at the weigh-in site for daytime events, and at 5:30 PM for night events.

4. Boats will leave launch site in order of pre-registration. Trailering will NOT be allowed. Late registration will be allowed with a $25.00 late fee and boats will be released after all pre-registered teams.

5. Teams must compete from a boat and remain in the boat during competition. Fishing within 50 yards of a marina gas pump or within 50 yards of a competitor's boat, which was first anchored, is prohibited.

6. All fish weighed must be caught by rod and reel only. A maximun of 6 rods per boat may be used, except where state limit is set at a lesser number. No catfish may be taken from trot, jug, or limb line. (Important note to anglers - In the State Of Missouri, while fishing on Mississippi River, anglers may only utilize more than 2 rods per person IF your rods are clearly labeled with your name, address, and phone number)

7. Teams must comply with state fishing and boating regulations, including the use of PFDs and kill switches. Fishing and boating licenses are the responibility of team members.

8. Fishing hours for daytime events shall be 6:30 AM until 3:00 PM. All anglers must be in the weigh-in line by 4:00 PM. Fishing hours for night tournaments shall be 6:30 PM Saturday until 8:00 AM Sunday and must be in the weigh-in line by 9:00 AM.

9. Any legal commercial or natural bait will be allowed. No chumming of any type during tournament hours. Fish must be a minimum of 15" in length to be weighed.

10. Blue Cat, Channel Cat, or Flathead Cat may be weighed. A team limit of 5 fish maximum must be alive to weigh in.

11. The use of mobile communication devices such as cellular phones, marine radios, etc. to communicate fishing information during tournament hours is prohibited.

12. In case of a tie for a qualifying person, a coin flip conducted by the tournament director will decide who qualifies for the Classic.

13. Any team having a member who fails or refuses to take a polygraph test or whose condition does not permit administration of a test because of contestant's use of alcohol or drugs will be disqualified and that team wll not be allowed to participate in any future Outdoor Promotions events.

14. Any protest must be made in writing to the tournament director within 30 minutes following the end of the official weigh-in. A protest must state the rule number(s) broken.

15. The use of alcoholic beverages is prohibited during any King Kat activities.

16. The use of or display of any tobacco products in weigh-in line, on stage or during awards ceremonies is prohibited.

17. Wanton unsportsmanlike conduct may be grounds for disqualification if circumstances require. Decision of Tournament Director will be final.

Release
    At the request of Outdoor Promotions, Inc., one member of any team that qualified for a prize or any randomly selected team must submit to and pass a POLYGRAPH TEST and/or any other test deemed necessary to determine compliance with tournament rules. Only one member of the team selected by the tournament director will be tested. If that member passes the test, the prize earned by the team will be awarded. If that member fails the test, the team will be disqualified and neither member of the team will be awarded a prize. The decision of the test examiner will be final. Contestants agree to release Outdoor Promotions, Inc. and its sponsors of these events from any liability arising from the administration of the test and/or the decision of the test examiner.Contestants also agree that any mention of names or use of photographic likenesses may be used by King Kat and/or Outdoor Promotions,Inc. and its national sponsors for promotional purposes.

All decisions regarding compliance with these rules and the interpretation of these rules will be made by the tournament director and Outdoor Promotions, Inc. which reserves the right to make additional reasonable rules for the conduct of their tournaments if circumstances require. Outdoor Promotions,Inc. (d/b/a Cabela's King Kat) does not discriminate for reasons of race, creed, color, or national origin and we abide by all rules set forth in the American Disabilities Act.

Code of Ethics
    Cabela's King Kat Trail is America's Premier Catfish Tournament Trail. Much media coverage and attention will be focused on our events. We strongly suggest participants come to the weigh-in properly attired. The better the image we project to our sponsors and America's youth, the more highlight the sport of catfishing will receive. This will be a great benefit to those who are seeking their own sponsorships as well.

Cabela’s King Kat Tournament Trail Outdoor Promotions Inc.
    125 Ruth Ave. Phone: 270-395-6774
    Benton, KY 42025 Email: dvanvactor@kingkatusa.com

Give Cabelas a call and get your money in.

Stacey, Darryl or Tanner will be happy to help you out.

270-395-6774__________________

Gateway Cats
    To Promote, To Preserve, To Perpetuate
    President/Founder
    http://www.catfish1.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=458

2. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Fellow Members

I will need volunteers for a number of things beginning the week before the tournament.

1. We need to put the docks in at the Boat Club. I'm sure the Plattin Rock Boat Club Members will appreciate the support. I'll post up more details on this when I get a time frame for the Boat Club Membership

2. I'll need volunteers for tournament day
    A. To Do Livewell Checks
    B. To Help Load/Unload Boats
    C. To drive the RTV's to unload the fish
    D. To assist where necessary at a moments notice.

Even those that are planning on fishing the tournament will be able to assist if you desire. For those not planning on fishing, and just want to come see all the fun and participate, please dont hesitate. These things are alot of fun.

The good folks at the Boat Club will be helping out as well. With a little support, this event will go very smoothly.

If you have questions in the mean time please direct them to gatewaycats@yahoo.com

3. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
  4. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Heres how you sign up.

Give Cabelas a call and get your money in.

Stacey, Darryl or Tanner will be happy to help you out

270-395-6774

5. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    I'll be there Wednesday night through Sunday, and would be happy to help however I can.

6. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    I will be up there on Saturday and maybe Friday night if needed(and if I can find a place to crash for the night).

Thanks again Cuz for all your work to get this together and just let us know anything you need.

7. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
  8. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    Hey Cuz can you e-mail me a copy of the flyer, I'll hang it up in a couple of the hangers at work.

9. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Mike, I dont have your email address for some reason. Can you pm it to me.

10. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    I'll put some up in Alton and Wood River today

11. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    The members of The Plattin Rock Boat Club will be selling coffee and donuts the morning of the launch, and will also be selling barbecue plates after you get all those pigs weighed in. These rates are not in cement, but sound more than fair to me.

Cup of coffee and a couple of donuts for One Dollar
    Fill your thermos for 3 Dollars
    Homemade Barbecue Plate (Brats, Dogs, Pork Steaks, etc ) for 7 bucks.

The members of the club are working hard to make this tourney a success and I'm sure they would appreciate your patronage and just a "hello".

All of the docks are fixed up, and ready to go in the water. The plan for now is to put the docks in on Saturday March 29th beginning at 8 in the morning. If any Gateway Members would like to come down and help out, it would be GREATLY appreciated. It isnt strenous work and there is ALOT of BS and fun to be had by all. :smile2: From there, I'll be heading up to Cabelas for our 2nd meeting. I would like to have 4 or more Gateway members to help out with this cause.

Thanks guys, the river is continuing to drop. With a little help from ol mother nature, this thing will go off smoothly and be alot of fun.

12. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    I will be there to help. The river was dropping a little yesterday and Dan told me they are running full out at the dam, he said above the dam was really low so if we can avoid some heavy rains and talk those westies into keeping there water over there we might be in good shape.

13. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    I'll be down to help out also

14. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    I'll be down to watch... I mean help out too Cuz.. Your buying breakfast right...

15. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Yes Harold, I'll buy breakfast at Waffle House that morning. :smile2:

16. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    ALRIGHT CUZZZZZ, REPS TO YA BUDDY

What time should I be there?:tounge_out::roll_eyes::wink:

17. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    7am at the Festus Exit Waffle House unless you hear differently. Its March 29th, still two weekends away. :wink:

18. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Me and Willie will go ahead and do a trial run down there this weekend and start a tab foryou... hehehe

19. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    yeah Harold let us know how the food taste!!!:smile2::smile2::smile2:

20. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Hey, I already know how the food taste.. I been stopping there everytime I go to Cuz's.. They make some of the best grits around..