Gateway Cats Shootin the Bull #2

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by SkipEye, Mar 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Don't you guys know them Old Cats dig Country Classics??????

The hip hop brings out the young-uns which accounts for the dink bites!

Another tid-bit from SkipEye's magic bag o' tricks:wink:

2. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Oh we tossed a lil Country at em too. And Metallica, and a talk show, and you name it. I wish I had taken a snap shot of my lowrance on a few occasions. WOW. We would get all excited, and jump up with snatchin rigs in hand to see what our quarry was that was hiding in schools numbering in the thousands, and in no time there would be a double Asian Hookup. I cant even identify the kittens anymore there is so many dang asians in the water. They are both soft skinned fish and give off similar echoes. ARrgghhh. I'll be glad when August gets here. :eek:oooh:

3. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Best wishes with "The Date" Harold. Just remember as your walking through the doors of that fancy pasta house, that COULD have been 75 more bucks added to the boat fund. :tounge_out:

4. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Good News, the River level is at its highest point today. All downhill from now, and falling between 1 and 2 feet per day. With no more BIG rains, we will be fine for the tournament. We even have two weeks to allow the debris to settle out. Fingers still crossed.

Interesting note, todays flood stage is just shy of 31 feet. Just to put 1993 in perspective, It crested at 49.54 Feet on August 1, 1993. Another 19 feet on top of what we have now. WOW.

I remember being here in August 1993. I had flown out from South Carolina to see my then Girlfriend (Mrs Cuz of course) and I can remember seeing all the flooding, people crying on the news, homes destroyed, farms destroyed, lives destroyed, and I thought to myself, just WHO on earth would live in this wretched place. :roll_eyes::wink: Obviously Mrs Cuz won the "where to live" Stinkeye battle. :smile2: Honestly, it was the people and laid back attitude of the PEOPLE of Missouri and Midwest in General that brought me out here, and its the reason I'm still here.

5. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    Did Harold really find a women willing to go out with him or is Bill dressing up again and just messing around with Nancy boy?:smile2:

6. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Oh, I reckon I'd have to go with "B" Mike. :smile2:

7. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!! The Skipper is right about hip hop being for the young bucks, but the key to them old lazy fish is JAZZ, or (R&B) rhythm and (BLUES) get it!!!!!!

Glad you boys made it back safe. I was too dang drunk to drive over that way.........I set the truck on auto pilot and it took me home

8. Michael Jake

Michael Jake New Member

State:
    Troy, Missouri
    Well John, it took a good woman to settle ya into an area that has the best catfishing in the country. Those women folk can get pretty expensive… :smile2:
    I went to the VP Fair in July of 93 and the water was up on the steps of the arch, everyone was having a good time in the midst of all the high water and the only inconvenience was having to park further away but folks adjusted well. That year the water stayed up high for a long period of time so after the first couple of weeks the debris was out and folks were able to enjoy the high water conditions. This year was the first time I can think of where a small craft advisory was officially announced.

9. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Hey Mikee, it surprised me to when I asked her if she wanted to have a few drinks and something to eat with me( which actually took me a couple days to do cause I don't like the no word) and she actually said she'd really like to.. Maybe she just wants some free wine and a steak huh... Naw just kidding, she's a real nice lady and actually has some class.. Now why she'd go out with a old fart like me is another thing.. hehehe

10. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Motion seconded, and passed. :wink::smile2:

Best wishes on your date Harold. Maybe you'll even get too ________ :embarassed: If you DO happen to get her drunk enough to get that lucky, PULEEZE spare us the details in this particular case. :wink:

11. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO

No Worries Skip, I have some Johnny Cash and Waylon Jennings to bust a move on dey a$$ next time out. :wink::smile2:

I'm gonna try Williemans advice also and toss a lil "BLUES" at em. Maybe some ol School Skeeter Branden. Ah, I can envision the rods tumbling already. :smile2:

12. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT

OMG!!!!! ROFLMFAO x 1000!!!!!

Oh my Gosh!!! make it stop! make it stop! :smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

13. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO

Hope most of it settles out before the 5th. Its by far the most stuff I've ever seen floating on the river. Crazy. I probably wont put the rig back in till things stabilize. I hit a log hard enough last night to do some damage, but manage to luck out of anything but a ding on the front of the lower unit.

Its really ugly out there.

14. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Got all my junk loaded in the boat, I think me, Ryan, and Gary F are gonna see if the high water over east has skeered the fishies clear up here by Missouri City tomorrow:big_smile:

15. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Hey Cuz, why'd you have to beat up YOUR rig - you know how seniority works, Gary's boat's clearly junior in length of service IT should've been the one drawing a run like last night's:smile2:

16. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Tight lines you guys, hope you whack em good. One thing is for sure, You definitely wont lack for entertainment value with Gateway's Entertainment Director making the treck over to visit the Westies. I'm sure he will do "Something" that will have you in stitches. Wish I could join you all, but I have to go back to New York :angry:

17. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Ol Grumpers rig was the first in line, however after thinking about how fast the water was ripping through the dam I figured we could use the extra weight and deeper V. I wouldnt wish that on Ol Grumper. He already sleeps next to it, and reaches over in the middle of the night and caresses her. :smile2:

18. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Has he got the first "bump" on her yet? Man, that's going to be a traumatic day when it happens. :crazy: I think I'm gonna take the Bob approach and skin my new paint right down the side of a dyke tomorrow so I can get it over with:smile2:

Sorry to hear you're heading back out, but I thought you had a long break running up to the tourney?

Yeah, I'm looking forward to having Ryan AND Eric in the boat at the same time - I'm pretty sure my ribs'll hurt for days after spending time on the water with those 2

19. Michael Jake

Michael Jake New Member

State:
    Troy, Missouri
    Wish ya all luck Branden, seems like every year we have high water KC and even up to St. Joseph area have awesome blue years. Be look’n for backwater areas and don’t be shy to fish shallow or even be ready for suspended fish right about now. High water presents out of our norm type of opportunities. Enjoy them.

20. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    I hear ya - this time of year I'm all about those freshly-flooded shallow flats:wink: It's even been said that big blues will stoop to eating wads of worms on those flats..........

The MO is dropping over here, so it may be a tough bite but surely we can find a fish or two for brotha Ryan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.