GATEWAY CATS SHOOTIN THE BULL #1

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by Cuz, Mar 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Howdy one and all. Allow me to introduce you to the BS thread. This thread is for our everyday shooting the bull, and goofin off. It gives us one place to do all of our cutting up, picking on Harold, etc etc. Well run this thread until we cant run it anymore, then well go to Shootin the Bull #2. Get the drift?

The only complaint I get from our members, and future members alike is that its IMPOSSIBLE to keep up with the banter and the information. Of course I had to agree, as it takes me 3 hours everyday to keep up with the information highway thats taking place on 50 different threads. :smile2: I love the enthusiasm from this club's members, and I would never try and stymie your efforts to have fun with the BOC. Thats why we are all here.

By utilizing this one thread for the majority of our goofing, daily fishing stories and adventures, rippin on Harold and each other, we will keep the Important threads for Club Information limited to just that, important information for the Club.

Please, Please, I'm begging, please try and keep all of the good fun and humor of everyday BOC life limited to this one thread and lets leave the meeting threads, tourney threads, etc etc strictly limited to information relating to the subject on hand.

This way, everyone can go to one thread to catch up on all the ramblings each and every day, and folks can go to the other appropriate threads for information and they dont have to wade through dozens of pages of our normal "Babble" to find good information on a subject.

I'm as guilty as the next guy with this habit, but it needs to be done. Thanks for understanding.

Now, how do I start this thread off in the right direction?

Hmmmm. Harold, Did you get a boat yet? :smile2:

2. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    In case my message may have been a little harsh this early in the mornin,

Good Morning Folks. Who LUVS YA? :wink:

3. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Yo Skippy, I see you lurking below, I'm on my 3rd Cup Of Joe already, you got me beat yet? :smile2:

4. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Uhhhhhh......Ok CUZ! We shall try.:wink:

I agree this needs to happen and I am all for it. But not sure if those other guys can control themselves!!!!:smile2:

Might have to create that Sargeant-at-Arms position to police the joint. I think we all know who should be voted in to fill that one. I'll see if I can find him, he's probably out lifting trucks in the parking lot!

Doing some mods to the CAT SASS this weekend! Still awaiting parts, so probably next weekend too.

• LED Dimmable Night-Lighting
    • Dual Transducer setup for the 'Bird'
    • Seat Pedestal Bases in the floor with Doubler Plates
    • Move the bow winch back 3.5 inches so bunks are flush with transom
    • New Bow Roller
    • I think I am forgetting something.......???????

5. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Sounds cool. Let me know how that LED lighting comes about for you as I've been considering adding the LED lighting to the back of my rod racks. I'm even considering putting in a dimmer switch in the back of the rig so as to use just barely enough light to see the rods, and attract the minimum amount of river bugs.

6. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    My lighting will be under the gunnels around the perimeter of the boat to define the 'boundaries' at night, hopefully will wash the interior a bit with red light also. At least thats how I am envisioning it.

Found a cheap PWM dimmer circuit card that I am using for dimming. A much better alternative than simply reducing the voltage. At low conduction levels the individual LEDS might start exhibiting differing light intensities. The PWM is always a 12v gate so leds conduct fully. You simply vary the duty cycle or gate time and it gives the appearance of a dimmer LED to the naked eye. The frequency is so fast you will not see the flickering.

Oops.....gotta run, school starts in 35 minutes.:haha:

7. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO

UMMM, Yeah, OK. That is so far over my head I'd need a kite to catch it. How bout puttin all the babble in "laymans" terms. In other words, what do I buy, and how in the sams he!! due I install it. Geez Skippy. You lost me at FOUND. :angry::smile2:

8. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Cuz, i'm not an active member but am curious with you being a pro. cat cathcer an all, if you ever fished around cat-head?

9. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    UH OH!!!!!! This is where the fun begins, LMAO!!!!!!

10. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    pfffft, musta went for more cawfee or outside to let the plane warm up. Can't even get a nibble about cathead.:embarassed:

11. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Man, I'm ANYTHING BUT a Pro Cat Fisherman for sure. I've never even heard of that area. Where is it located?

12. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    BTW, I am making another run for coffee :embarassed: I'll be back in 10 mins. Curious bout this Cats Head place.

13. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Me reels down to set the hook:smile2: Actually cathead is about 12 inches from his azz. My bad, no offense meant:wink:.

14. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    LMAO. That was a good one John. Man, I wish kittens bit the hook as easily as I bit on that one. :embarassed::smile2:

15. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Up around these parts, The Cats Head is 36-55 inches from his arse. 12 inches would be in "Dink" Country. :smile2:

16. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Yep!!!! You be BAD John Fisher.LMAO. Ya All Better hang on now cause them Fellas is Big Leagues Dudes.J.D.:roll_eyes:

17. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Just funnin Cuz, this isolation of the threads is a good idea. Everyday i run lookin tryin to remember different post and topics and it's a hassel

18. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    No worries John. Were glad to have you visit with us and share your stories. These threads are for the enjoyment of all, and they also happen to be where we convey information for the club which is why I'm trying to keep the funn'n separate from the important stuff. I can imagine it was a headache for folks to try and get information when they had to read 2 dozen pages to find the Point Of the Thread. :smile2:

19. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Dang, I just went over 4000 Post. I have no life. :sad2: I keep up this pace, I'll be on the same level as Ol JW. Of all the SHAME :smile2:

20. olejer

olejer New Member

State:
    Herculaneum Mo.
    Hey cuz
    Ima thinkin that with a chatty cathy lika you ,this thread will fill up in a day or so. and it may just be me but i think i like the term PRO its got a nice ring to it . and i'm thinkin that it might just stick,(where's ole DH when you need him

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.