Gateway Cats First Annual Leadstock 2008

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by Cuz, Nov 10, 2007.

1. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Howdy. I'd like to get an idea how many of you are planning on attending Leadstock in January at the Cuz domicile. If you are planning on attending, please list which molds you have, and approximately how much lead you will bring, and if you have a melting pot etc etc.

This will be a BYOB event, however I'll be making the coffee, and I'm confident my beautifull wife aka Mrs Cuz will produce some tasty vittles. As well, for those polar bears that know how to rough it, primitive camping is allowed. Or bring your trailers. Dont matter to me. Well find somewhere to put ya. We have 10 acres so space wont be a problem.

This event is open to any one that wants to come. You dont have to be a club member, as none of us are 'officially' members yet anyhow :wink: Would anyone have a problem with making Leadstock the FIRST ANNUAL Gateway Cats meeting? My plans are to find a facility closer to St. Louis in the future, but thats going to take some time.

Looking forward to January folks.

2. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    I like the idea of a meeting and a leadstock. I dont know about everyone else but I am excited about the new club and anxious to find out more. I would show up whether I made weights or not.

3. Vince Copple

Vince Copple New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Depending upon the date, I will try to make it. Anyone need any egg sinkers up to 16 ounces? Looks like no rolls are covered.

4. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Oh, I dont know how much lead I will have but I have a 2,3,4, and 5 oz doit and a 6 and 7 oz doit. I will bring both. They are bank molds.

5. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I will be there. Not sure if I'll have much lead though.

I have the standard Do-It No Roll Molds up to 8 oz.

But I also have the rare and much coveted Custom-Machined High-Dollar 8,12,16 oz Collins Customs No Roll Slip Mold. And you guys can feel free to make as many of those sinkers as humanly possible while we are there at LEADFEST.:cool2:

Oh yeah, I have a propane burner and melting pot, and ladle, nothing fancy but I'll bring it and a 20lb cylinder of propane.

6. Vince Copple

Vince Copple New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Darryl we will probably need that for processing to clean some of the lead if Rat and some of us brings tire weights.

7. cheapNdisgusting

cheapNdisgusting Well-Known Member Supporting Member Supporting Member

State:
    Yonder in Mo.
    Name:
    Russ
    I would like to attend just to see what it takes to fish in a big river. I've fished smaller rivers all my life, along with a lot of lakes, so maybe we can swap a little knowledge (little is the key word here)

Thanks

8. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    I'll be there.....

I've got a mold that makes 8,10,12 and 16 oz bank sinkers.... I also have a small melting pot. Right now I have two five gallon buckets of tire weights but can probably get another one or two before the leadfest!

9. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    I have a 5,6,7,8 ounce bank sinker mold.

And i could bring a propane burner and pot to clean some lead in.

10. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    I will be there, still trying to find some lead. I did get the Walleye from my dad this weekend. Let me know if there is anything else I can bring. I will have some lead by then and Vince showed me how to poor the other day so I should have some molds by then as well.

Looking forward to it!

11. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    I was planning on making it there, but I'll have to wait and see what my work schedule will be. I have no molds or any know how on pouring lead, but I'm interested in seeing how you guys do it. Don't plan on staying all night Cuz, but thanks for the offer.

12. Vince Copple

Vince Copple New Member

State:
    Missouri
    See how easy it is Ryan.. It is like making dollar coins out of lead when you are burning the 6 and 8ths. Sure saves ya allot of money in the long run!

13. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    You have got that right Vince. Before I buy any more sinkers for $2 dollars a pc I am gonna ask that person to at least take me to dinner first!

14. Flyingpig

Flyingpig New Member

State:
    Lakewood, Illinois
    Depending on the date and my work schedule I'll try to be there if I can.
    I don't have any molds, but I'll try to get some lead gathered up...

15. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Be great to have you Charles. Even if you dont have any molds, plenty of the folks coming will. If your able to make it, see if you can scratch up some lead to bring along too. I'll post directions and such as soon as I get the date set. I'll set the January date the 2nd week of December. Thanks for your interest.

16. Vince Copple

Vince Copple New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Charles or anyone else attending. Are there any type of weight that you need or want to make up? Just ask and I am sure some of us will have the mold.

17. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Hey where can I place my order?

18. Vince Copple

Vince Copple New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Come on over then and help make you up some.

19. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen

'Bout time for you & I & Brad to get busy making our next years supply!

20. Vince Copple

Vince Copple New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hey DH.. Do you think you will make it up for the Lead Fest?