Gateway Cats/Cabelas Team Up Again in 2009

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by Cuz, Dec 24, 2008.

1. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Dont know if everyone has seen it yet, but Cabelas and Gateway Cats are teaming up again in 2009 for what promises to be a Great Tournament.

The date is August 29, 2009 and will be held at the Plattin Rock Boat Club.

It promises to be a good one and I'm sure the Gateway Members will have a great time.

If you get a few, head on over to the Cabelas Threads and give Tanner, Darryl and the folks at Cabelas a big Thanks for supporting our club and joining in to make this a great event.

Heres a link

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99380

2. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    Oh my.... A hometown tourney in August. This one should be a very interesting weigh in. :big_smile:

3. Ol Swampy

Ol Swampy New Member

State:
    Festus Mo.
    Man I am stoked about this tourney! If thing hold true from this past year during July and Aug. the bite down here was HOT!!!!!! You couldn't go out without boating some good fish. I can promise if it isn't flooded or something weird like that the weigh in will be astounding!!!!! SIGN ME UP!!!!

4. olejer

olejer New Member

State:
    Herculaneum Mo.
    Its sounds good enough to make you want to take up fishing

5. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Good idea olejer. How would one go about takin up fishin. Is there a class or somethin?

6. olejer

olejer New Member

State:
    Herculaneum Mo.
    Well I did enroll in an all-night Coarse with the Cuz Master once--- but didnt net any results. I'm thinking about going out with Punken some time this summer and see if i can bring him some bad luck

7. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    That is some great news! An August 29th tourney will surely bring some trophy blues to the scales!! It ought to get some good publicity with all them monster fish brought in!!

8. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Team CAT SASS will give it another shot. :big_smile:

One place outta the money the last one.:confused2: (will try for two or three places outta the money this year:smile2:)

August sounds better than the deep freeze we fished in this year.

Bring your best game boys, Mrs. SkipEye will fish HARD for a win! Might lose the youngster as he is 16 in February, I don't recall the cutoff age for the third person.

9. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    I will be there for that one for sure.

10. Brentkeele

Brentkeele New Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    August 29th, it's on my calender. Count me in. I don't care if I gotta fish out of an innertube, I'm gonna be there for this one!

11. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Yea well RYANUS Ol Punkin, that deal we chatted about at Cabelas, maybe I will go for say about 8/29/09 You can pencil me in for then and what 4-5 days for searching :misdoubt:[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

12. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    We will post directions to the ramp RanW. We dont want you driving around for 4 or 5 days looking for it. Punkin has been there he should know: never mind we will post the directions.

13. slider

slider New Member

State:
    louisiana, mo
    i will be there for another shot

hey skip isnt that about the age they start chasen ow never mind lol

later
    slider

14. Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Kentucky
  15. Michael Jake

Michael Jake New Member

State:
    Troy, Missouri
    It's on the calendar, I'll be there... should be an awesome weigh in. :crazy:

16. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    Just a question about the tourny. If guys want to practice for this event and that is a private boat club what are we supposed to do where would a guy put in at?I am sure you are going to get alot of people wanting to fish that are not members of the boat club.

17. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    wow how can i say no to this one. not sure if i can get into any big fish up there but il give it a try. im glad the gateway club was able to get a tourney up there this yr. a great place to fish plus a great bunch of guys up there. the boat club and members, made everyone feel real welcome and the food was great. with the tourney being held that time of yr. tanner will have to bring the big set of scales. if you have never fished one of the cabelas tourneys this would be a great one, i think the entry fee is only 100 bucks per boat, thats a lot of fun for fiffty a man. looking forword to seeing everyone up there.

18. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO

last year they opened the ramp up for tournament ppl for free for 3-4 days ahead of time.

19. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    Yeh but most people have to pratice on the weekends being the weekend before or the weekend before that.They should have it at a ramp that's public so you can fish a month ahead if you want.

20. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    The Truman Ramp is public access and only about 8 miles down river from the Boat club.