GATEWAY CATS BRINGS HOME THE TROPHY IN THE EAST/WEST SHOOTOUT

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by Cuz, Oct 12, 2008.

1. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Congratulations to Jon and Ryan for winning the 2008 Inaugeral Catfish Safari East/West Shootout​

Team Gateway Brings home the trophy. Nice job guys. Were all proud of you. ​

[​IMG]

(pictured are Jon and Ryan with their Trophy, and cash for winning. To their left is Steve Brown with Catfish Safari, and to there right is Russ Stamper, the gentleman that gave of his time to build the Inaugeral Trophy. )

We had a great turnout amongst the Gateway Guys and Gals. It was great to see everyone again. Here are the Gateway Members that attended the festivities.

[​IMG]

Many thanks to Kirk and Troy with Missouri ACATS for putting on a spectacular tournament.

A special thank you to Steve and Tina Brown of Catfish Safari for putting together a great two day gathering, complete with food, products, seminars, free fishing advice, etc etc. You will not find two better people, and if your interested in an economical getaway, and some quality fishing with some quality people, please give Steve and Tina a call. You may reach them through the link on the BOC, or you may go here.

www.catfishsafari.com

Many thanks to Rusty for building the East/West Shootout trophy, which encompassed over 100 hours of his personal Labor. Thank You Russ. Nice to meet you and your wife again.

Thanks to John Jamison for a nice seminar on how to "drift" and "bump". Anytime this man speaks, I can tell ya he sure has Cuz's attention.

Thanks to Jeff Williams, of TEAM CATFISH for a great seminar on the Team Catfish Products and how to apply them in certain situations.

There were also representatives from SeaArk Boats, and Suzuki Marine who were available to answer your questions, along with having SeaArks Big Daddy, and Big Easy on display for all of the participants.

Thanks Marty and Matt for the Bait. We appreciate it.

All of us from Gateway would like to extend our sincerest thanks to all those whose hard work made this event possible. It would be impossible for me to thank everyone, but please know we had a fabulous time, and look forward to giving our Westie Friends the chance to earn this marvelous trophy back.

2. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    congrats to Jon and ryan, You guys found fish on a very tough day.

It was great to get to visit with everyone ,See You all in Next year!

3. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Brad it was great seeing you again. We enjoyed seeing all of our Westie Buddies again, and was nice to meet some new faces as well.. Were looking forward to fishing a KC Catfish event next season.

Thanks for all the fun on the water, and the jabs. We had a good time. We are already looking forward to this event again next year.

Great seeing you guys.

4. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    Congrats again, Guys. The fishing was tough for sure, and you guys found enough to get the job done. John and I didn't place in the money, but I would like to thank some people. Thanks again to Steve and Tina with Catfish Safari for putting on this event, and all your support throughout the year. Thanks to Troy and Kirk for running the tournament, I know Cuz and I had a blast. I would also llike to thank the people at SeaArk boats for their donations, and the cold beverages. Sea Ark has really catered to us tournament fisherman here lately, and we thank you guys for the support as well. Last but not least, Thanks to Jeff Williams at Team Catfish for the prizes that Cuz and I won. See you all next year, I cant wait!!

5. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    I think I can speak for Jon when I say that we had a blast down there. A big thanks to Troy and Kirk for putting together a great tournament! Steve and Tina thank you for everything that you did with the event and with helping out a couple of lowly river fisherman.:smile2: I would also like to thank Russ for the amazing trophy that he built, it will have a great home here on the east side for many years to come.:wink: Also I would like to thank Matt for pointing Jon and I in some general areas that helped us catch fish. Steve Brown gave a great seminar on drifting Truman lake that helped Jon and I out by leaps and bounds.

It was a great event and I am really looking forward to next year when we can return the favor. I am sure that there were a few moments that will stick out from this event, Jon almost went swimming, Cuz was trying a new drifting technique on the highway and apparently dogs have a thing for me when I am sleeping.:roll_eyes::smile2:

6. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Another Congratulation to Jon and Ryan on there win. Hat's off to all the People involved in making it all happen. And another big Thank you for everyone who makes the BOC what it is, and I feel honored to be a part of it. I shook hands with a lot of people over the weekend that I had never personally met, but NOT one time did I ever feel like I was among stranger's. I will be looking forward to seeing all of you again.
    Thank you and Good Luck to all,
    Rob

7. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Congrats to Jon and Ryan. Good job guys! And if it had to be an Eastie, it's good to see that it was you two. Take good care of that trophy, we want to see it in top condition when it comes home to KC next year. :smile2:

8. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    Even though the fishing was tough we still had a great time. Thanks to all involved in putting it together it was a great event. I also want to thank Robert for fishing with me on Saturday it was nice to get to know one our Westy brothers a little better. Deb took some pics from this weekend I'll get them posted up when I get a chance. As always it was great seeing all my Gateway pals and look forward to getting together and fishing with all of you again.......How's it looking next weekend Cuz? :smile2:

9. Michael Jake

Michael Jake New Member

State:
    Troy, Missouri
    Way to go Jon and Ryan… You guys took care of business and brought the trophy home to St. Louis… It was a tough bite day but your team pulled it off… Congratulations

10. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Congrats on the win fellows. Everyone that attended went home a winner in some regard or the other. Ya don't get that many good people together without going home feelin like a winner. Sorry i wasn't able to make it, but i'm glad it was a huge success.

11. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    Nice to see you guys again*, even if you did get lucky and beat the locals on their own lake... :eek:oooh: Hope you all didn't go home thinking that's what fishing is like on Truman Lake. We really do get into the fish once in a while, just been an odd summer all the way around.

Hopefully Jon can use some of their winnings to buy himself a tank of gas. And maybe a 5 gal can to keep in the boat "just in case"... And maybe Ryan can afford a sleeping bag now.

If any of you want to come over in late December for some great winter blue fishing, let me know. I'm taking the whole week between Christmas and New Year's off and I'll be on the water just about every day...

* Excluding Ryan of course.

12. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO

uhhhhh, yea, I think that would be an understatement ROFLMAO

[​IMG]

OH, and poor tired, "blitzed" punkin, since you had to just go there about the drag shoot, lmao, i thought wed toss in this one. :wink:

[​IMG]

13. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Man you guys are ruthless. ROFLMAO!!!:smile2: I see how it is. You can just feel thankful that you were too far back for my camera phone to pick up the image of you driving down hwy 70 with a fully deployed wind sock hanging out of the back of your boat at 70 mph.:smile2::smile2::smile2:

14. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    OH, PLEASE DO TELL!!

15. catfishchris

catfishchris Active Member

State:
    missouri
    Congratulations Jon and Ryan! WTG guys.:wink:

16. catfishchris

State:
    missouri
    I bet that was a site to see!:smile2:

17. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Lets just say that if Cuz wasn't such a good name that I don't think he would change,...... most on here would be up for the name of "ole drifter". He was trying to perfect his drifting technique on the highway on the way home. You could tell that he was making the semi behind him a little nervous when the shoot deployed because he got out from behind him pretty quick.:smile2::smile2:
    Jon and I couldn't tell if he thought he was in a drag race or if he was just trying to keep her from swinging.:smile2: Either way it was pretty funny to look back and see a yellow 7' drift sock deploy on the highway. I imagine that trucker was about as suprised to see that sock as Cuz was when his vest inflated on him.:smile2::smile2:

18. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    I'm afraid to ask whether our sock is still useable or not.

19. catfishchris

State:
    missouri
    Now that's funny!!!:smile2::smile2::smile2:

20. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    so I'm gathering this is The Cuz version of the golden parachute?