Gateway Cats Big fish for April

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by stlcatman, Apr 26, 2008.

1. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    O.k. we said that we would have a big fish award for the club member with the biggest fish for each month. I know there were a bunch of you guys who went out today and will fish tomorrow. I thought I would give you a place to post those big fish pics. Plus I am jones'n for some fishen stories. Plus we need to keep a running tab for the skunkmaster award this year.

2. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    So is this thing going to be broken down into different categories, or just a sealed deal for the big water blues? or the largest by pounds no matter what? just asking.

3. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    I thought it was just going to be biggest fish. I don't know it was mentioned a couple of times and at the last meeting. Just thought I would bring it up because we are almost to the end of the month here.

4. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    So who is in the lead at the moment, not me? LOL

Was Rats 50 pounder caught in April?

Jason had one close to 50 but no scale so it won't count.

5. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    No Rats fish just missed April, I think we can wrap him up for March's big fish though. I am not sure who is in the lead right now. I know that Justin has caught some nice fish, I caught one that I am pretty sure was up around that 48 lb mark but I can only represent 41.9 so I don't know who is in the lead so far.

6. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    Here's my biggest so far this month. :smile2: Caught her today. 19lbs. :embarassed:

[​IMG]

7. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Is Russ a member of Gateway Cats??? Cause if he is, he clearly will have April on lock down with the hog he weighed in at the Gateway Classic!

If he isn't, then you Ryan must be the Weiner! :wink::smile2::smile2::smile2:

8. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Way to go Dan! Looks like another fish fell victim to one of those yeller rods. Lets have some details buddy, I think I know where that is but what was the bait, depth and what not?

9. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Nice fish FreeSpool!! :smile2: Where did you put in at today???

10. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    April's not over yet buddy, there are a lot of you hooligans out there fishing right now.:smile2:

11. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    We put in at Alton Marina. The fish came out of 15-25 feet of water? Right on a ledge to the main channel. Tennessian skipjack and Gamagotcha circle hooks.

12. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    I don't think it really matters if Russ was a member or not, cause he didn't catch that fish. His partner Jerry did. Looks like Ryanus may be onto something!:wink:

13. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Hahaha!!! I can tell you one thing, I am used to fishing the Mississippi that is for sure. I felt lost out on the Missouri today, I am not giving up though, there is bound to be a hog out there with my initials all over it! Just has to be!! Right???:eek:oooh:

14. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Look at that Gary chimes in, I am suprised you can even type right now after being at the game all day. I think his computer alerts him when the words yeller rod gets typed in.:smile2:

Bill I bet there is and he is right at 41.8 lbs, now go get him buddy!

15. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT

If I weigh him and he DOES weigh 41.8 pounds, I will go ahead and shove a 16oz weight down his gullet!!!:wink::smile2::smile2::smile2:

16. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    Ah, I had a pretty good time at the game today. I was surrounded by hotties. I wasn't so grumpy to say the least.:smile2:
    I met up with Cuz around 5 ish for a little river excursion. We painted 3 HUGE echoes stacked up in 58 foot of water at the base of a wing dyke on the channel edge. They were the biggest echoes we have seen since last year, but with all the barge traffic, we couldn't set up on them. I might try it again this week.:wink:

17. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    I heard about those, I might be out there with you or fishing with my boat tied off to yours!:smile2: No he told me about those today and I would like to go out and see them. If you go give me a call.

18. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO

Now bill that is a waste of led. You would only need to shove a 2 tenths of a pound down there.

19. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    We can probably work something out. I do know the fish we painted looked like they were on a hump or blowout. If one of them isn't 100+lbs, I don't know what is. Still don't know how I'm gonna set up on them exactly, cause the current is RIPPING there. :confused2: If anything I'd like to go out and find me some shrooms. Bobby went out today and found a bunch more, and I think I know where he is going to get them.:wink:

20. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    there not catfish but I caught a couple of 70ish pound bills today.