Gateway Cats Angler Of The Month

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by Cuz, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Gateway Cats Angler Of The Month​

I'd like to utilize this thread to honor the angler who catches the largest
    catfish each month. Results and photos will be posted on the first of each month. I will eventually have some sort of prize to give each month for the largest fish weighed as well. Additionally, if your fish meets your states requirements for being issued a Citation, Gateway Cats will assist you in filling out the entry form and sending it off to your respective conservation agency. Gateway Cats will keep track of the requirements for citation fish in each state, and will let you know if your fish qualifies.

To submit your monthly catches you will be able to email me the photos directly at gatewaycats@yahoo.com I'll post the largest catch from the photos received.

Cant wait to get started in January.

2. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    thats a great idea. I already like this site. keep at cuz i think your on to something big

3. SUNDROP

SUNDROP New Member

State:
    Washington
    Nice idea... Watch out for Photoshop!!!!....LOL

4. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Yeah I know Brent. :smile2: Of course, all photos must be sent in original size with no photoshop inputs. :smile2:

5. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    So can you give us some details? Membership fees? Number of tournaments? Other events? Or will you make us wait till January? These questions and more as we near the first of the year.

6. Vince Copple

Vince Copple New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Bob.. All that is Top Secret as we will need to know the password and secret handshake for those details..

7. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl

Bob, I heard that just for you, the annual dues are $1.00. The rest of us working stiffs have to pay full monkey.:wink:

8. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Yes, Bobs Dues are 1 dollar per year. He has an exemption status. :wink:

Great question Bob. By the time we meet for our first meeting, I will have probably spent in the neighborhood of 2000 dollars. This is for various expenses including fees to incorporate as a limited liability corporation, club liability insurance, etc etc. I spent this on my own free will, in the hopes that the Club will be a success and bring value to its membership. I intentionally chose not to mention fees and the like, as I felt it was important to let the new club members establish that for themselves. I felt strongly that our region could use a club to share our experiences and protect our valuable resources. It is my hopes to keep club dues to 1 (you know how I like my ones bob :wink:) dollar per month. Thats it. One buck per month. Although I've set up the club as a For Profit LLC (this is for ease of accounting only) I fully plan on having the books open to the club membership at all times in the form of a club treasurer, who has control of the clubs funds and accounts at all times. It will be up to the membership to control the dispersment of club funds, but my thoughts were to use the funds for activities that the membership participates in, such as tourney's, get togethers, etc. These are all items that will be discussed in the first meeting. I will not withdraw one penny from the club for my personal gain. It is not, and will not be my motivation for having this place for all of us to come together and share our experiences.

As for tourneys. There is only one tournament on the books right now. This is a co-sponsored event between Gateway Catfishing Club and The Plattin Rock Boat Club. The date has been set for March 29th. This is a NON PROFIT tourney, with a 90 Percent payback. We are going to withhold 10 percent of tourney proceeds as this is our estimate for what the direct cost will be to the boat club. More details for this tourney are forthcoming very soon.

As for additional tourneys, I felt it was important to let the membership decide this for themselves. I honestly havnt planned anything for the 2008 fiscal year, but was strongly considering some sort of schedule for 2009. That doesnt mean we wont have 4 or 5 Cuz fest get togethers and our normal dollar tourneys like we enjoyed recently. I am eager for everyone's feedback and look forward to launching the club in January. If you have personal concerns in the interim, please feel free to PM me, or send an email to gatewaycats@yahoo.com

9. Vince Copple

Vince Copple New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Sounds like a great Plan and thanks for all the hard work that you have put into this getting it off the ground. Hopefully Kutter and Gary will not get confused concerning the Buck a month dues!

10. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Well I like it so far. Just 1 dollar a month and then in those months we have a Cuz Fest getogether, I will have to come up with another dollar. I guess I can sell the lawnmower. I wont need it till prolly April or May. If I win one I can buy it back. Yep I like it. Count me in.

11. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Cuz... Way to go.. You can count me in and if you need any help with anything let me know.. I can sell Gary a dollars worth of lead to pay my fees... hehehe.. They haven't had any lead at work lately for me to bring home.. Hopefully it picks up before leadfest 08

12. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Harold, I'll trade you a fine meal from Mrs Cuz for some of that lead. :wink: You dont want Gary's ol dollar no how!!!!!!

13. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Are you guys out of lead already.. Your supposed to make sinkers out of it, not eat it.. hehehe

14. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Nah were not out of lea, hey 'weight' a minute. :roll_eyes: ON second thought, we ARE OUT OF LEAD. Really. I would never tell a fib. :hell_boy:

15. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I am out of lead and thats the whole truth.

Two 30 lb anchors can eat up a mans supply.:embarassed:

16. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Darryl if you need some sinkers, I can hook ya up. I've got several 3,4,5,6,and 8 ounce No Rolls made up. I'll be working on some 12, 16, and 20 ounce bank sinkers in December. That will finish up all the lead Harold gave Gary. I kept hoping Vince would have forgot about his lead anchor in my barn. Thats 22 more pounds we could have :smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

17. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I say we slice that sucker up if'n we get desperate!:roll_eyes:

Not that desperate yet so I reckon it is safe. They sure do make good anchors though too!

I'll be bringing the 8,12,16 No-Roll Slip mold to the leadfest. Me thinks that will be a rare one.

18. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    I'll see if I can make you up a box of lead to take home with you Daryll.. Since you wasn't at Cuzfest you missed out on the lead giveaway.. hehehe. I'm hopeing to have at least 600 to 700 lbs of lead saved up for Leadfest 08.. I'm gonna have to get busy collecting it.. I just have to stay after work at night and drill off the inner cell connectors.. About an hour a battery will give me 25 to 30 lbs.. See what I go thru for you guys... hehehe

19. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    you da man harold, I dont know what this club will do for lead with out ya!!
    :wink:

20. Vince Copple

Vince Copple New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Nope!! :wink: Maybe we can talk Gary into welding up a few new handles and we can use that one to make another mold.