Gateway Catfishing Club Kids Fishing Day

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by catfishchris, Apr 2, 2008.

1. catfishchris

catfishchris Active Member

State:
    missouri
    I have a lake reserved at Busch Conservation Area for June 21st for the Kids Fishing Day. The lake I reserved is for kids only, so the adults cannot fish. You can assist the kids with casting, hook baiting, and fish removal, but that's about it.

If for some reason this date doesn't work for the majority of the members, let me know so I change to an alternate. If we change days we need to do so right away because those kids lakes get reserved quickly.

Here are the directions to Busch Conservation Area:

Take either Hwy 70 or 270 to Hwy 40
    Take hwy 40 to hwy 94
    go south on hwy 94 to route D
    Turn right onto hwy D
    Take D for approx. 3 miles to entrance on the right
    take entrance road to stop sign and turn left
    Lake 15 parking lot is on the right side of the road.

If anyone has questions I can be reached at 636-441-4554.

2. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Thats awesome news Chris. Thanks for your efforts. This should be a great time to watch the children have fun. Hey, maybe well even learn something from watching them. :smile2::wink:

3. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    :sad2:My kids leave to go spend some time with their mother on the 19th, so I guess I'll just have take our fearless leaders advise and go find some other kids to take fishing that day. So Prez. do I just grab any random kid in the parking lot up at Wally World?:smile2:

4. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    I am sure that if you talked to someone like the boys and girls club that they might have a few kids that would love to go fishing.

5. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Great idea Ed... For those of us with our kids raised and no grankids big enough, we would be able to supervise a small group of kids wanting to fish..

6. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    But who is going to be watching you HarryOld?:wink::smile2:

7. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Mike I'm sure that would work, however...you may be accompanied by a few other gentlemen wearing uniforms, then you will be accompanied by a few new "room-mates" wearing orange jump suites!:crazy::crazy:

Other than that, it might work out for ya!:wink::wink::smile2::smile2::smile2:

Good Job Chris, I'll put it on the calender. I'm sure my little crumb-crusher will love it!!

8. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    As long as the guys in the orange jumpsuits aren't as big as you and come in my cell singing "Hit me baby one more time" I think I'll be alright. :smile2:

9. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Sounds good theres nothing like taking a kid fishing and letting them enjoy the wonderful outdoors

10. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Any of you fellers know what the free fishing days are this year there across the river, in Mo.?

11. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I'm driving back from OKC non-stop on the 20th. I should have no problem scheduling a vacation day for the 21st.

I will be there to help out as long as I'm not too tired out, shouldn't be a problem.

Plus, my two boys will probably strangle me if I didn't take them. Ages 13 and 15, still young enough, right?

12. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    This would make for some POSITIVE publicity for the sport.Good idea.:wink:

13. catfishchris

catfishchris Active Member

State:
    missouri

Yep, they will be fine. The lake is for 15 and younger.

14. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    HA! :roll_eyes: Guess the Federal Government is broke already (again). Got a call today that my school and several others are cancelled due to budgetary constraints. (Thought they budgeted for this stuff in advance):tounge_out:.

No more schools until at least FY 2009. So SkipEye doesn't have to go out of town again this year (thank god).:big_smile:

Anyway, I am freed up a bit now Chris. If there is anything I can do to give you a hand with this kids day shoot me a PM or post it here.

15. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    I sure bet you were dissapointed to hear you didn't have to go back to the flatlands.:smile2: Oh, well that only means more time in the CAT SASS!!:wink:

16. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Yeah, well I figured my next trip to OKC would be a waste of 3 1/2 weeks of good fishing time during the Spring Boc Fish-off. Lord knows I need the extra fishing time the way it has gone lately.:roll_eyes: Only a measley 30 pounder to show for my efforts this spring.:crazy: It's a 'dink' Gary!:smile2:

17. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois

I believe it was 28 lbs. Skipster. :wink: (the way my lips were flapping there, you'd think I had room to talk)

18. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Well Dan, it weighed 32 in the net and the net is three pounds = 29 lbs. But then I was thinking I hit tare with the net on the scale so the fish might have been 32 lbs, but it was at least 29, so don't steal that pound from me mister!:angry:

Wasn't that worried about the actual weight until you came along to steal it from me!:smile2:

Still a 'dink', as Gary says!:wink:

19. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois

Hey, as much stink as you give me I figure I have to send some back your way every once in a while. :smile2:

20. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Ok who ordered more of this damn rain.. I really want to go fishing tommorrow.. I don't get to fish as much as I used to so I look forward to these special occasions.. Also all I have in the freezer is skipjack, I need some fish to eat and Randy said he'd fillet them for me.. hehehe