Gateway Catfish Club in my local paper.

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by wabah58, Aug 20, 2009.

1. wabah58

wabah58 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    The local paper here in Jefferson County Missouri (Jefferson County Leader) had a half page story on the Gateway Catfish club and it's up coming tournament. In Crystal City Mo, Aug 29. Real good article, and very informative. Also had a big picture of some dude (John Allen) with a big ole catfish smile on, :wink:. I learned that the weigh in will be open to the public too, SWEET! I'll be there. If I can find the place. Just a heads up for you people that live in Jefferson County, make sure you read this weeks edition.

2. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    Thats cool.... If someone can post that paper on here some how that'll be sweet....

3. Ol Swampy

Ol Swampy New Member

State:
    Festus Mo.
    That was old Nanner on there. It is going to be a great event!

4. wabah58

wabah58 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Im going to try and scan it then upload it here. When I get off work later tonight.

5. wabah58

wabah58 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I know it's a private club, but with the public being welcome for the weigh in, Im in.....LOL. Would anybody have directions there, or maybe a official address I could use map quest for directions?

6. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Dont remember a John Allen. I know a feller called Nanner. Could that be him?

7. Ol Swampy

Ol Swampy New Member

State:
    Festus Mo.
    It is right behind Crystal City High School. Turn on Hugs Landing and stay on it to the river.

8. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Considering The Leader has a publication of almost 40 thousand people, Nanner is starting to worry about parking at the boat club :embarassed: It could be a problem. I guess it will work itself out somehow.

9. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Platin Rock Boat Club Directions

1. Go south on Interstate 55 to the Festus A Highway exit, turn left.
    2. Continue on A to 61/67, turn left onto it. (Going North)
    3. Continue until you pass underneath the Railroad trestle. (Only a couple miles)
    4. Turn right at the next light past the trestle onto 8th Street.
    5. Go through 1 stop sign and continue to the end of the road.
    6. At the end of the road, make a left onto Mississippi Ave.
    7. Go about .1 mile, and make a right at the stop sign in front of Crystal City High School onto Crystal Heights Rd.
    8. Go 100 yards to the bottom of the hill and make a hard right onto Hugs Landing.
    9. Follow this all the way to the boat club. You’ll pass the water works/sewer plant.

10. wabah58

wabah58 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    OMG, What did I do...lol...Sorry guys...For that last post...Perfection is a journey, I haven't found it yet.

11. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Mike, I looked through my Arnold/Imperial Leader, which usually has the same writing as other local leaders, and cannot find it. I am looking at the August 13 edition.

12. wabah58

wabah58 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Humm, I have the paper at home, I'll try to find the date on it after work. It was at the end of the paper in the Sport section I think. I did scan a copy of it last night and posted here, but It was huge and got deleted by staff I guess.

UPDATE: Called home, it's marked "Thursday, Aug. 20 2009.

Here is the link to my host site, with the article. Hope this works. http://img38.imageshack.us/i/scan2p.jpg/

Last edited: Aug 21, 2009
  13. Scaley Cat

Scaley Cat Member

State:
    Missouri
    I put a pic of it in the 2009 gateway classic post earlier.