Gateway Banquet/Dollar Tourney

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by Cuz, Nov 29, 2008.

1. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    The Gateway Banquet will be held at the Cabelas Retail Store in Hazelwood, in the Conference Rooms from 12 - 4. December 13th.

We are allowed to have food there as well. I will supply the Coffee, and the Mrs will be baking a Ham. I'll need a small handfull of Gateway Families to volunteer for a side dish, and dessert. I'll supply the plates and utensils and everything you'll need, so just some volunteers for side dishes/desserts would be great.

Well be passing out some Prestigious Awards while there as well. :smile2::wink::wink:

This will be a meeting also, and well be setting out the 2009 agenda, so bring your ideas.

The Slide Show will be displayed also, so if you havnt sent me your pictures you need to do that please. Forward them to Gatewaycats@yahoo.com

I'm trying to work out a Cabelas Discount for those that attend that wish to buy anything on that day, but no promises yet. Negotiations are in the making. :confused2:

Dollar Tourney

There wasnt a whole lot of interest in a Dollar Tourney in December. :sad2:

HOWEVER.

STARTING NOW, The Person that catches the Largest Catfish between now and the 13th will receive a Cabelas Gift Card for 50 Bucks, presented at the Banquet, so you can shop shop shop.

5 Dollars Per Houshold to enter the competition. You do not have to be a Gateway Family to enter this Event, but you must declare your interest on this thread, and will be expected to pay your 5 dollar entry fee.

You can forward your five dollars to me

John "Cuz" Allen
    4608 US Hwy 67
    DeSoto, MO 63020

Make checks payable to Gateway Cats, or you may send cash if you wish. If your attending the banquet, you may pay your five dollars at that time. Please indicate on this thread if you are indeed participating in the Big Fish Fish Off for the 50 Dollar Gift Card.

Rod and Reel Only

Control Measure: In your picture of your Big Fish Entry, you must have the words "I LOVE HARRY OLD AND NO CATFISH BOB" written plainly on a piece of paper and displayed in the picture of your big fish entry. Please forward your pictures to gatewaycats@yahoo.com if able so that I may include them in the slide show.

Utilize THIS thread to mention who is bringing vittles, what your bringing etc. There are SEVERAL awards being givin out, and you wont want to miss them, so plan on attending. I'm sure you'll be rewarded handsomely with some good quality laughs, and some good Fishing/BS Fellowship. :smile2:

Banquet Attendees.

Cuz and Family

Cabelas Big Fish Gift Card Tourney

Cuz

2. olejer

olejer New Member

State:
    Herculaneum Mo.
    Reps to ya Cuz man:

Count me and the little woman in and i will see what she can whoop up for vittles

3. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Banquet Attendees.

Cuz and Family
    Ole Jer and Mrs Jer :smile2:

Cuz

4. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Ok you know I'm in.. So me plus 1 and I'll bring a homemade cherry pie from somewhere.. hehehe I'm working on youngest boy plus 1 too.. Recruiting is hard work, I need a beer.. Hey Cuz when you putting a wood stove in the barn for us members that don't have one to make up some lead.. I get cold easy..

5. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Banquet Attendees.

Cuz and Family -------------------- Coffee, Ham, Plates etc etc
    Ole Jer and Mrs Jer ---------------- TBD
    Harry Old Plus 1, Possibly 3. ------- Cherry Pie

Cuz

6. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Well work somethin out Harry. We got lucky last year. If we do it in January or February again we can always HOPE to be lucky like last year again. :smile2:

7. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Guys i would give anything to attend this blow-out. One problem,,,i live 6 hours from St. Louis:confused2: Perhaps i can find someone and split the gas and whatever and make it anyway.

8. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Since its the last day I will be able to eat real food i will attend. I will bring a strawberry shortcake. Not bad if I do say so myself. I will also bring a 5 dollar bill to the banquet. I would like to take this opportunity to wish you all luck. Just not as much good luck as I wish myself in the pursuit of big fish. Dont have an opinion on that there control item yet. But I do plan to have one by the meeting

9. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Banquet Attendees.

OnecatfishBob -------------------- Strawberry Shortcake. :big_smile:

(NOTE: If there is enough Tournament Participants, I will make the Gift Card worth 100 BUCKS. )

Cuz
    Bob

10. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    You can count me in for sure and possibly +1. I can bring something, just have to firm up the plus 1 to whip something up.:smile2: I still have some walleye left but I think I will save that for a lead making party so it can be fried on the spot. I will bring my 5 dollars to Cabelas, I just don't know how much fishing I will do between now and then. I just had the boat winterized, but as usual if someone wants to go my work schedule is pretty flexible.:wink:

11. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Banquet Attendees.

OnecatfishBob -------------------- Strawberry Shortcake.
    Punkin Plus 1 --------------------- Mystery Meat :smile2:

(NOTE: If there is enough Tournament Participants, I will make the Gift Card worth 100 BUCKS. )

Cuz
    Bob
    Punkin

12. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Harry Old, You in for the Cabelas Gift Card Dollar Tourney?

13. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    OH, Who has the Catfish Safari Fishing Rods????? The ones Steve gave for everyone to try out.

14. olejer

olejer New Member

State:
    Herculaneum Mo.
    Spoken like a true fisherman--- dangle the worm a little bit

15. Brentkeele

Brentkeele New Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    Cuz, put me down for the banquet and the tourney. My family's attendance is contigent upon my wife's work schedule but, at the bare minimum, I will be there with this macoroni stuff my wife makes that is quite tasty!!

16. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Banquet Attendees.

OnecatfishBob -------------------- Strawberry Shortcake.
    Punkin Plus 1 --------------------- Mystery Meat
    Brent Keele ----------------------- Macaroni Salad
    Grumper

Cuz
    Bob
    Punkin
    Brent Keele
    Grumper

17. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO

18. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Due to my work schedule I won't be able to do the tourney, but hopefully I'm going to fix that in the near future.. This not being able to fish really sucks.. I''m starting to get the shakes, which in my case is from not fishing.. Not like Bob's problem of just getting very very OLD.. hehehe... Hey Rat, don't you think you've milked that sling problem long enough, and here I allways thought you were tough... whaaaaah... whaaaaah.. sniff sniff... hehehe

19. olejer

olejer New Member

State:
    Herculaneum Mo.
    Sounds like rat might have to whoop an old fart ,with one arm tied behind his back--should be no problem

20. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Ifn I was Rat, I wouldnt take that from that OLD, BOATLESS, NON FISHING, POOR EXCUSE FOR A TRUCK DRIVER. Course with Rats luck, he would break his good hand on that hard OLD head