Gastric Bypass Surgery-I got mine

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by BIGCAT GarryEads, Dec 6, 2007.

1. BIGCAT GarryEads

BIGCAT GarryEads Head Cheese of the USCA!

State:
    Francisco Ind
    Well I made it. I had Gastric Bypass Surgery on 11-27-07. After eating 2 days of nothing, but ice chips, you can't imagine how good chicken broth tastes. Now that it's been 9 days since surgery, I have moved up to the good food. For breakfast I had 2 ounces of scrambled eggs. For dinner I had 1 ounce of cottage cheese and one ounce of apple sauce. For supper I had 2 ounces of mashed potatoes and gravy. For you who don't know what 1 ounce is, and we're not talking 1 ounce sinkers. It's about the size of the cup that comes on the top of cough medicine. And inbetween those delicious meals, you can have 2 protein drinks, for a total of 80 or 90 grams of protein a day. You need to have this amount of protein in you to keep your hair from falling out, and not to lose muscle. P.S. I'd hate to have to hire J.W. to put my bait on my hook. They also say that I'm not suppose to have any deer meat for awhile. So I guess Brian, Bob, and Buck are going to have to eat some more bratwurst at our fishing get together in February. I have one friend that weighed almost 600 lbs. In 2 yrs. he was down to 240 lbs. Everything seems to be going okay, just a little sore. Look forward to seeing you guys in February. P.S. I had the Ru N Y Surgery.

BIGCAT GarryEads:big_smile:

2. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    600lbs.. now that's a big boy.. down to 240? That is purely amazing.

Do you feel full after eating that little bit of food? Energy drained? I am curious how one feels and all.

Don't respond if it is prying.

3. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I am very happy for you Gary!!! I am sure in no time you will be feeling better than you have felt in years!!! See ya in Jan. Buddy!!!

4. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Nice to hear you are ok and I hope things get better for you soon...

5. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    I will pray for you brother. We hope you stay healthy through it all! :wink:

6. BIGCAT GarryEads

BIGCAT GarryEads Head Cheese of the USCA!

State:
    Francisco Ind
    Thanks Guys, Brian believe it or not , I am not hungry, but if you are, one can have all the sugar free popsicles you want. I have a friend that had this done
    3 yr"s ago. And he can eat any thing he wants. Just in smaller amounts.

BIGCAT GARRYEADS

7. Dadoftwo

Dadoftwo New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    Way to go Gary. I hope you get the results you want as soon as possible. Keep us updated on how this is working for you. I am sure there is others that would like to explore this possibility but aren't quite sure.

8. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Garry, you didn't look all that big to me buddy. I know you are going to feel like a new man when you achieve your goal. Some decisions are really hard to make on such a bold move to improve your health, you are an inspiration.

9. bearcat

bearcat Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    Gary I hope that everything goes the best for you. Take care.
    See you in august at catstock.

10. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Gary glad to hear that the surgery went well, and that your are on your way to full recovery. I admire you for trying this surgery. It's a big step and will bring you mamy benifits. You will soon feel like a new man. I hope to see you at the breakfast on Jan 5. Praying for you brother.

11. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    congrats garry!!! i have a friend also that was over 500 and is now 4 years later a health 220... be proud of your self!!!

12. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Great to here from you and everything went good, looking forward to seeing you in Febuary.

13. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    WTG!!! I also have a friend who had this surgery. Billie-O Gastric bypass I believe. Anyways, she has lost at least 250# in the past 2 years, and eats what she wants, and has lots of energy. Hope you have as good of luck with it as she has!!!

14. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Go Gary! I wish you luck in the quest to drop pounds! You can do it ! :cool2: Keep up the good work! If its possible I have found my best way to keep weight off is by running! Good luck brother!!!

15. Wally

Wally New Member

State:
    FLORIDA
    Way to go Gary!! My dear wife had the surgery...almost 2 years ago. 400+ down to 190. She is no longer a diabetic, no B/P problems, athsma gone, running me ragged. She can even get into my fishing boat without fear!!!

Just follow what YOUR Dr. says!!! If you ever run into problems or would like to talk to someone that has gone what you are going through, give Miss Pam a shout.

HANG IN THERE BUDDY !!!

16. ldw45

ldw45 Member

State:
    Illinois
    Sure wish you the best and a speedy recovery. Been missing your input on here.

17. Wally

Wally New Member

State:
    FLORIDA
    My Girl !!!

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=25141&d=1179783806
    http://www.catfish1.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=25142&d=1179783806
    http://www.catfish1.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=25143&d=1179783933

18. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    from 1 big guy to another thats awsome gary soon u will be a new man:big_smile: i may have to do the same thing myself keep us posted on your success gives guys like me hope and encouragement. god bless ya gary and happy hollidays.

19. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    I have been giving it a lot of thought myself. I was paralized for a year, and now have what they call lower extremity weakness,(can't walk without crutches). I have gained over 120 lbs in 6 years, and I can't seem to get it off. So I think I am going to be following your progress very closely. Keep your chin up. Later Andy

20. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    Get well soon Garry. Keep us posted with the outcome so we can see your progression. Take it one day at a time and know that you got friends to help ya move along. :big_smile: