Gasteric Bypass UP Date

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by BIGCAT GarryEads, Feb 18, 2008.

1. BIGCAT GarryEads

BIGCAT GarryEads Head Cheese of the USCA!

State:
    Francisco Ind
    OK here goes, some of you guys have been sending me PM'S, and was wondering how I am doing. So it is easier to put it on the board, then sending everybody a PM. So far I am doing real good. I am up to 3 1/2 to 4 ozs. per meal. I started out at 378 lbs. and now I am 303 lbs., and have lost 11 inches off my waist. It has been 10 weeks, and all is going well. So far, the hardest has been, last week at the fish outing at TN. For you's who did not make it, we had some great food, and all I think had a great time. The fishing could have been better for some of us, but old J.W. PULLED 2 OF THEM OUT OF HIS HAT. The boat ride back on Saturday, was fun. We had some 4 ft. waves rolling on the river, and we had about a 6 mile run back to the boat ramp, but the tritoon handled it well.

BIGCAT GarryEads

2. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    Thanks for the report on how well you are doing. Congrats on the 75# weight loss to this point. That is something to be proud of.:big_smile: Way to go and keep us posted on how well you are doing.
    Thanks again,
    David

3. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Garry
    I'm glad to hear that you are doing well, and that things are going your way. Looking forward to meeting you at the Indiana gathering in June. Take care brother.

4. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Thanks for the update! You're doing great so far, keep it up!:wink::big_smile:

5. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Way to go buddy, that is fantastic. I know you have got to feel better now. I admire you for taking control and getting healthy. Keep us posted Garry.

6. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    glad to hear your getting along fine brother gary.

7. Flintman

Flintman New Member

State:
    OKC, OKLA.
    Hey Garry , thats great. Keep on keepin-on brother were with you all the way.

8. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Thanks for the update Garry, I have actually approached my Dr. with this process, and am starting to get the ball rolling. I am game for it if my insurance will pay for it. Keep up the good work. Later Andy

9. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Gary, thanks for letting us know... glad to hear you're doing so well! :big_smile:

10. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Way 2 go Garry, keep up the good work and don't get tempted to over indulge.
    I have to lose weight myself, Dr's. orders. I was 275 lbs and now that I have cut out a lot of bad carbs and sweets and caffeine and sodas, I have lost 30 pounds since last September andstill losing more.
    I wish you luck and will say a prayer for you brother.

:wink::big_smile:

11. don3778

don3778 New Member

State:
    Walkervill
    Gary,

Sorry I haven't been following this post but it just caught my eye this morning. Can I give you a heads up on something to watch out for since you have had this operation. My soon to be "X" had this same operation 7 years or more ago. Everything was fine as long as you are not consuming alcohol to the excess. About 5 years ago when the wife and i were broke up she got to getting drunk several nights a week. She ended up in the hospital for several days with a very low blood count. We again split the sheets back in October and I haden't seen anyone else since then till I went out with a lady on new years eve night that I used to date back 24 years ago, who by the way has had the same operation. Well, things went well that night and we started to staying in contact even though she lives 115 miles away. I had to go see her in the hospital a few weeks ago because of low blood count. They gave her several transfusions, got her blood count back up and sent her home. She was not a heavy drinker but liked her glass of wine or two at night. About two weeks ago she called me as I was getting off work and left a message on my phone. Well, I was on the backroads and thought I would call her when I got to where I could get better reception. I got another message from her before I did. As soon as I got to where I could get better reception I pulled over to call her and my phone rang. It was her, she sounded so much better than the other times I had talked to her in the past week. We talked about 10 or 15 minutes and said our good bye's and I love you's. That was at 4:30pm. At 8:30 pm I got another call from her phone. I answered but it wasn't her, but it was one of her good friends. She asked if I had talked to her this afternoon and I told her I had and that she sounded so much better, and that I had made plans to go there to see her Friday. Then this friend of hers said "Don, she's dead." I thought dang girl, what kinda sick joke are you trying to play here. But it was true, her mother said that as soon as she got off the phone she laid the phone on her chest and just died. Well, I still went to see her Friday, but it was for her viewing, and burial Saturday.

I know that this has been long and drawn out but I really wanted to give you two good examples of what I am saying. I'm not sure that is exactly what she died of, I haven't had the guts yet to ask. But please be warned of the dangers of heavy drinking after having this surgery.

don3778

12. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    great job Garry , keep it up !!!:wink:

13. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Congrats Gary on your accomplishments. Its good to see all is going well. Keep this up and you will feel like a new man.

14. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Great to hear Gary! Congrats on all your efforts and hard work!
    Randy

15. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    Glad to hear your doing well. :wink:

16. ldw45

ldw45 Member

State:
    Illinois
    Gary, Sure glad to get the good news that all continues to go well.

17. BIGCAT GarryEads

BIGCAT GarryEads Head Cheese of the USCA!

State:
    Francisco Ind
    Thank's Every one, Don that is one thing they warned us not to do. Your stomach is the size of a golf ball and it doesn't take much to fill it.

BIGCAT GarryEads

18. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    garry were did you have your surgery done? i have thought about it myself... :confused2:

19. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Garry, glad to hear things are going well for you. Keep up the good work! Hope to see you at the gathering in June.

20. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Sounds like its working out great. Congrats on the progress you've made. :big_smile: