Gasoline question ????

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by Slatebar, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Slatebar

Slatebar New Member

State:
    ohio
    I don't really like running this ethanol gas thru an outboard, or any other engine for that matter. And I have read on some websites that Mercury does not recomend running it at all through there outboards. So my question, Does any of the gas companies sell NON ethanol gas heree in Ohio???? I have seen one of the ohio board guys hauls gas for a living but forgot who it is. Hopefully he or someone who knows can answer.

2. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Sorry..... can't help.....May someone in the outboard or motor repair section could help....

3. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have my problems with it. Their are severl ways to help with it. Adding stabil can help if you going to let it set for a long time. Biggest problem I have had is plugs fouling out faster and the quick disconects havint the sealing ring swell from the ethinol in the fuel. And water seprating out of the fuel I have to drain my fuel filter bowl a few times in the summer.

4. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    im the one that hauls gas the only one that you can get str gas from is marathon terminals but most of there stores dont have it but ill tell ya one that does i think your around galapolis we haul the gas into burlile the sunoco there on rt 7 they have str gas it comes out of marathon but its branded sunoco out of 50 some stores that we deliver to that is the only one we take str gas to hope this helps ya out. the bulk plant behind it also has str gas earlier last year they changed all of our stores over to ethanol and its only a matter of time that you wont be able to get it at all, all diesel fuel now is low sulphur they dont make high no more like heating oil its just the same thing as on-road fuel but they put red dye in it for the off road use

5. Slatebar

Slatebar New Member

State:
    ohio
    Slimdaddy,,, Thanks a lot man, that is exactly the info I was looking for. Yep, I live just outside Gallipolis and most times go right by Burlile to get to the river. I will start swinging in there and filling the boat up.

6. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    im glad i could help ya