Gasconade River by Vienna

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by BajaCoop, Jun 23, 2008.

1. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    I have not been to the Gasconade for a while and was wondering what the water looked like. We used to put in at the camp ground that was by the bridge. And run up and down of there a ways.

Any info on how much water there is and big shoals to watch out for etc would be handy.

Thanks in advance.

2. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    Are you talking about the Indian Ford Campground or the Rollins Ferry access by 89? I went past Rollins Ferry the other day and there were a lot of jet boats out running around there, but you could fish it if you wanted easily. There's plenty of water to move around in.

Last I heard, Indian Ford got wiped off the map when it flooded earlier this year. I have not been past there though to see for myself.

3. RivrLivn

RivrLivn Member

State:
    Missouri
    From what I understand Indian Ford is basicaly shut down.
    There is a few people putting in there, but so far it has not really been open this year.

4. BajaCoop

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    We always put in at the campground that is right next to the 42 bridge. Indian something sounds right.

Is the ramp still useable?

My dad and I just planned on riding around for the most part don't know any places t really fish there.

5. RivrLivn

RivrLivn Member

State:
    Missouri
    Ed,
    That is Indian Ford right off Hwy42 just outside Vienna.

From what I understand the ramp is still usable, but the guy that owns the resort has not been opening the access very often. He will have a chain across the road. I heard it was chained up this past weekend.

The next closest public access will be Bell Shute or Paydown.

6. BajaCoop

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    where are those at?

7. BajaCoop

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    thanks a bunch

reps to ya

8. bthornton

bthornton New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Indian Ford is the right name. Its on the right side of 42 just across the bride. During summer months there is usually a guy collecting 3$ for the ramp fee otherwise there should be a box down by the water you can donate your 3$ to. The ramp is still useable and its a nice ride up or down. Was just there a few weeks ago and put in there several times a year. It got all wiped out from the flood a few years ago like it has been stated just throwing it in there. The same guy bought out the other side of the road and put in a rv campground that I put in at sometimes but the ramp is too steep and water is too fast there so I usually use the old indian ford. Below Belle Chute in low water there are some rough sharp rocks be careful if you go there. A great ride is to put in at 42 or indian ford and go up river to Bell Chute and have someone meet you there for pull out. Paydown is a no go bc of the gravel road like Richard said unless you are gigging and just want the good water. Still a long haul on old dirt roads. Hope this helps a little...

9. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    The people that own Indian Ford sold the other side. That's why it's a private RV park now. The ramp at Indian Ford sucks. We always put in besides it on the gravel because the end of the concrete ain't even in the water. The owners have been trying to sell it for a while so I doubt they put any money in to fix the ramp either even though it's a very popular area. Also it costs $5 to put in there and you stick it in an envelope and put in the barrel by the pavilion.