Gasconade MO River area report

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by Welder, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Went out Tue night fished till 2 am. 1 20lb blue and 3 gar. River is fallen out should be down to almost normale for the weekend. Blue was caught in 22 ft of water with sand and chunk rock bottom. I hit 3 dif spots lota soft bites and bait peckers. Still not seeing good numbers on the fish finder. I scanned alot of bottom over the past week finding how the river changed, what filled in or got deeper ect. Only bites I did get was on chunked creek minners. No bites on mooneye, shad, or live perch. We still ant got many shad in the gasconade area or in the lower gasconade. It seems this year after the water dropped the first time they all ran out. If you gona fish in my area this weekend bring bait as netting it will be hard to do or find.

2. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    Thanks for the report. I haven't decided if I want to come down there or head to Bonnotts Mill this weekend. I'll end up going somewhere though and giving it a shot and see if I can't catch "something" at least. :smile2:

3. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Troy, have you tried for shad in the Lueter? Or how about Frenne creek? I used to get a lot of shad in Frenne creek. Dont know if its spelled right but it did have shad.

4. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    Are those around Gasconade City Bob?

5. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    right below Hermann Seth. Immediately below the ramp on same side of river is Frenne creek. Very small but productive. Down a bit farther right by the sand plant on same side is the Loutre River

6. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    Thanks for the info.