Gasconade area bite sunday report

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by Welder, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Man what a night, refined the bar edge fishing and nailed em. Me my oldest boy and his young friend had a hoot of a night before the storm sunday. Was fishen the flat edge on the channel side behind a isolated wing dike with a notch (freds bar for those who know gasconade). I pulled a 50lb blue, Keath pulled a 42 on 10lb line and 2 10lbers, my oldest boy Caleb got a 10lb blue and a 1/2 lber. Lota hard hits was fishen mooneye heads. We tryed some perch they woulden touch em. Went to usen brined mooneye on all the rods. Almost the same pattern as last year during this time. Would have stayed out but the thunderstorm runn us off the water @ 11. Cant seem to find the shad in my area they ant schoolen up. If ya gona fish bring cut bait fresh. I am killen em on frozen salted mooneye.

2. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    You guys had a great time by the sound of it! Congrats on a really good catch. Those fish must have been waiting on you guys!

3. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Sounds like alot of fun, congrats on the catches. Glad your finding them.

4. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    You da man Welder! Sounds like things are definitely picking up on the river. :big_smile:

5. roadkill636

roadkill636 New Member

State:
    warrenton misso
    That kinda talk makes me wish I had gone out with ya,:roll_eyes:
    ,, but I had to pick up the kids at 5 and wife didnt get home til after 8 sat night,,
    I did take the kids out to Washington and ran up to New Haven and drank & swam

6. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    nice job troy. you allways seem to figure them out and make it pay. congrats.

7. dieselcat

dieselcat New Member

State:
    Washington, Mis
    Now if the bite would start down river around Washington,then I'd be in business