Gasconade Access at the Missouri

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by cocatfish, Mar 30, 2009.

1. cocatfish

cocatfish New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I just got off the phone with a person from the conservation department. They said the ramp should be OK to use at 22'. Does anyone know if this is true are not????

2. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I can ask the wife shes @ home. I am stuck in Aberdeen Maryland till sat.
    I will post back what she ses tonight.:cool2:

3. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    She said its almost up to the parking lot @ the boat ramp in gasconade

4. cocatfish

cocatfish New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thanks Troy, There is a tournament up there on saturday and I wanted to make sure it was a go.

5. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    I haven been there i a few years but there was little pariking area there then. You can put in there when the river is in the lot but there will be no place to park. I just saw the forecast. There is rain for tonight and tomorrow and then again on Thursday. The gauge at Hermann was just a little over a foot below flood stage at noon. Aint gonna take much to raise it on up out of its banks. They might want to consider moving it to Weldon Spring. Its the best ramp for high water launching.

6. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    Last summer you had to put in in peoples back yards because it was so high. The top of the bathroom was sticking a few feet up from the water. :crazy:

7. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    lol was lauching off the road down to the parking lot almost all summer

8. upper meramec

upper meramec New Member

State:
    missouri
    chamois is right up river. Its good till 35 feet.

9. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Yeah I havent been up there in several years. Dont matter to me but then I dont make the call.

10. Captain Ahab

Captain Ahab New Member

State:
    Owensville, MO.
    I was there yesterday. The missouri would have to come up 5 or 6 feet to get out into the parking lot. You shouldn't have any problem putting in.

11. cocatfish

cocatfish New Member

State:
    Missouri
    River is supposed to drop another 3' before Saturday. So, I believe the Gasconade ramp will be fine. I will be up there on Friday night and check out the ramp for myself. If the water is too high I will call you if you PM me a name and number or you can always call me. Chris # 314-225-5416

I will also post a cancellation or move here.
    Again, If there is not going to be a change in plans, I will not post anything here because I will be camping and wonÂ’t be around a computer.

Also the there will not a difference between an early or late entry on the remainder of the tournaments. $60 this includes big fish.

12. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    How's the fishing up that way?

13. cocatfish

cocatfish New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Kevin, I haven't fished up there since last year. I know last year it was pretty good water. The tournament has three fish limit and I expect it to take 75lbs to win.