Gas

Discussion in 'Boating Stories' started by YeeHaw, Feb 20, 2006.

1. YeeHaw

YeeHaw New Member

State:
    Quincy Illinois
    One time on the way back from long island by the mississippi one night after fishing all day we ran out of gas, in the little 35 johnson. We were about 7 miles away from where the camp was. So we rowed. We ran out of gas at about 6 pm. We got back at about 1 am, beacuse we were rowing up stream. It sucked.

2. TeamCatHazzard

TeamCatHazzard New Member

State:
    Illinois
    LOL I bet that sucked YeeHaw, I bet you carry plenty of gas with you from now on! That would definately put a damper on your day!

3. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    that's a good reason to have a trolling motor too!!

Wouldn't have been quite as hard on the arms

4. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Ya did that once also, makes a fellow pay more attention, or maybe bring some help along.lol

Murphy's law applies to boats/boating/or just messing around with the water. Be prepared and you just might make it home for supper.

5. Rockin' Blues

Rockin' Blues New Member

State:
    st.louis mo.
    been there,sure is a terrible feeling

6. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    Well look on the bright side. Now you at least have a little more arm muscle to impress the ladies :rock-big:

7. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    This past Saturday, fishmania and I were fishing in his tracker. We ran too far down the river and only had enough gas to get halfway back to the ramp. Lucky for us my brother vlparrish was fishing with us out of his boat and he took the tank back to town and got us gas. While we were waiting on the bank for my brother a older guy came down the bank with a shotgun and asked us what we were doing. Had we been alone we would have been out all night. C4