Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am not trying to waste a bunch of gas for an afternoon trip, so me and the girls went to a community fishing lake today. caugh 8 channels in 3 hours on cut carp. this carp was way past it's prime, it was not marinaded and had been sitting in a ziploc for dang near a year. they hit it, but reluctantly. we used red size 2 circles on a slip rig. the girls were swinging the fish basket throwing it in the water when the older one connected her shin with a pectoral spine. that's the first time she's ever been finned for real, poor thing. maybe it will make the fish taste better! i found a bunch of big carp feeding in the rocks with their tails sticking out of the water. i didn't have anything to catch em on. i will go back tomorrow and hopefully sack up a bunch of cut bait. momma didn't feel like fishing but she came along for moral support, even though she's having light contractions..... here's a couple pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,102 Posts
How come your little girl is using a baitcasting reel??? I feel silly, as I can't get them to work for me, all bird nests. LOL

Nice fish, glad you folks had fun. Now I have to learn how to cast one of those. If a little girl can, I got to learn. LOL

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hey jim she casts the 5000 great, but when it hits the water she doesn't stop it and it backlashes. i cast those reels for the kids. they hook up the fish and unhook most of them. they cast the spinning just fine, but backlash isn't an issue there!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.