gas saving trip!

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by massa_jorge, Apr 25, 2008.

1. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i am not trying to waste a bunch of gas for an afternoon trip, so me and the girls went to a community fishing lake today. caugh 8 channels in 3 hours on cut carp. this carp was way past it's prime, it was not marinaded and had been sitting in a ziploc for dang near a year. they hit it, but reluctantly. we used red size 2 circles on a slip rig. the girls were swinging the fish basket throwing it in the water when the older one connected her shin with a pectoral spine. that's the first time she's ever been finned for real, poor thing. maybe it will make the fish taste better! i found a bunch of big carp feeding in the rocks with their tails sticking out of the water. i didn't have anything to catch em on. i will go back tomorrow and hopefully sack up a bunch of cut bait. momma didn't feel like fishing but she came along for moral support, even though she's having light contractions..... here's a couple pics.

Attached Files:

2. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Hey congrats on your alls catches I know what your talking about gas prices getting so high its good to stay close by and fish if you can, congrats on the fish I bet they had a awesome time.

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    That sounds like a great trip and i know the girls loved it. Great job on getting the kids involved. I am pretty excited about getting the chance to take my baby fishing.

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Great pics. Fine job with the little ones. THANX!

5. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Great job getting the girls on some fish Jordan! :big_smile: Nice pics! :cool2:

6. cathooked

cathooked New Member

State:
    north carolina
    they sure looked like they had a good time thanx for the pics..

7. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    How come your little girl is using a baitcasting reel??? I feel silly, as I can't get them to work for me, all bird nests. LOL

Nice fish, glad you folks had fun. Now I have to learn how to cast one of those. If a little girl can, I got to learn. LOL

8. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    hey jim she casts the 5000 great, but when it hits the water she doesn't stop it and it backlashes. i cast those reels for the kids. they hook up the fish and unhook most of them. they cast the spinning just fine, but backlash isn't an issue there!

9. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Those are some nice looking Channels, Massa.

10. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Looks like yall had a great time Jordan. Thanks for the pics