Gas pumps

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by outdoors1988, Sep 27, 2009.

cash or credit

1. cash

2. plastic

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. outdoors1988

outdoors1988 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Wondering what method everyone uses when they are getting gas just curious. thanks in advance

2. snakeman76

snakeman76 New Member

State:
    Tallahassee, Fl
    pLASTIC ON EVERYTHING i DONT CARRY CASH ANYMORE:wink:

3. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I use plastic for gas purchases cause I hate standing in line while somebody scratches lottery tickets:smile2::smile2::smile2: Stay safe and stick a pig!!!:wink:

4. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    I use plastic for gas purchases , but when the dang pump is out of paper and says please see attendant makes me want to go in there and bust someones grape ....lol . I just say effit and drive off . If I wanted to walk in the dang place I would spend cash to begin with .

Last edited: Sep 27, 2009
  5. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Cash here,No need for it if I cant pay up front. In fact all my purchases have been cash or check for the past 10 yrs.

6. ammo warrior

ammo warrior Member

State:
    Columbia, MO
    Plastic is fast and ready to go

7. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    i use plastic on gas for sure. No need to stand in line.

8. fmb

fmb New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I always pay with cash...no plastic for me

9. beespringer

beespringer New Member

State:
    sunfish, k
    plastic makes it alot more convienant

10. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Those places hope you'll come in the store to pay cash because their profit is inside those doors, not out there at the pumps.

11. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Plastic - Debit Card, I have no credit cards

12. SWeiss

SWeiss New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Debit card, right out the checking account. It's quick, easy, and the money is coming from the same place as cash would anyway.

13. restorerancientiron

restorerancientiron New Member

State:
    Cadiz, KY
    Plastic , debit only straight out of my checking account.I have not used a credit card for twelve years.I hate having to go inside and like the other post wait in line for all the $1.00 lottery ticket players.

14. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    [FONT=&quot]I use plastic and cash , depending on my needs at the time. . Not credit card plastic, I use debit card. Direct withdrawal when I have no need to go in store.[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]Cash when I do have a need to go inside. Lot of places around here have some pretty good eating being grilled up. Plus beer too. LOL[/FONT]

15. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    90% of the time I pay cash. I to dislike standing in line while someone fools with lottery tickets. I do carry a credit card, in case I'm in a hurry or have an unexpected emergency.

16. Poppa

Poppa New Member

State:
    Pinson, Al
    Cash only. I do odd jobs for mad or put back money. This mad money
    is for hunting and fishing. No one knows how much I have or how much
    I spend. No paper trails.LOL Its a good thing sometimes, I would be toast.

17. Natty Cat

Natty Cat New Member

State:
    ohio
    Credit or debit card here. The pre pay pumps are a waste of time if you don't have a need to go inside.:eek:oooh:

18. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    josh! are you like, maybe 17? 18?:wink:

the method i liked best was pulling up to the pump, having an "attendant" come out and ask how much, "and sir: would that be ethyl or regular?"

LOL

i have worked at a couple of stations in my younger years...i have pumped gas at 17 cents a gallon in gas wars, and pumped it regularly at 24 cents plus:eek:oooh:

damn i must be getting old:sad2:

19. Rollinunknown

Rollinunknown New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Missouri
    I will never use a bank account or plastic .. i got screwed when i was 18 threw Bank of America .. someone had 3 credit cards in my name .

I now have all cash on hand if i do get a side job they pays check i cash it soon as i leave..

People say man you cant get a house if you dont have a bank account and cant get a car ect.. i just laugh ... put down 15% of what the total is and watch the payment drop.Ive not looked at my credit score in 11 years.I did get a offer when i got my truck no money down but i still put 15% down and my payment was 226 a month on a brand new f150 so i would think it would be good ?

Im on my 2d house and 3d New car.

One of these days that plastic is just gonna be plastic.i dont mind the xtra 3 min's it takes to walk inside and prepay for my gas it gives me time to grab a tea or something.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2009
  20. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    I use cash for everything now, or debit card. I used to use a credit card and save time, but spent a lot of money I didn't have. I decided I would get outa debt and about that time the economy went bad. I was paying about 2 weekly checks a month to pay off credit cards and I looked at the interest I was paying. The tax people didn't let me use the card interest as a business expense so knowing the credit card people are crooks I quit using em. This year I got notified that my interest was going up and I could fight it and not have my card renewed or I could accept it. I paid that card off and dont' use it no more, even with special offers.

I was buying a cord for a drill and paid cash, I realized the credit card companies are screwing everyone and the businesses. They charge the business for the machine every month, and a percentage of the sale, then charge high interest to the purchaser. Well, 10% of a purchase is 10% that the buyer doesn't have to spend on more merchandise. That is a 10% drain on the economy.

Plastic is good when used right, but I noticed a long time ago the more I used it the more offers I got for more, and I saw the game. They pretend to like it when ya pay off every month, but they know eventually a card user will have a delay in ability to pay and then they start gouging the interest. I figure cash is the patriotic thing to do.