Gas prices

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Smuggo, Jul 16, 2007.

1. Smuggo

Smuggo New Member

State:
    sc
    check this out

http://www.economist.com/displaystory.cfm?story_id=9430924&cfID=10533970&CFTOKEN=46857255

Article on gas consumption and prices from around the world.

I'm heading on over to Turkmenistan to fill 'er up

To fill up a Honda Civic-

In Turkey-$93.83
    In U.S.- $31.06
    In Turkmenistan- $1.06

Dunno exactly what that breaks down to but in Turkmenistan gas is about 10 cents a gallon...maybe less. I guess that explains the oil companys HUGE profit margins

2. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    I guess that supply and demand do mean something:wink:. I did not know that we pretty much use more gas than the whole world put together.

3. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    It actually dropped 3 cents a gal. here this afternoon.

4. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    heck it dropped 20 cents here today.... : ))))))

but it dont cost 31 bucks to fill up a honda... not here neways...

i drive a '93 civic and it only cost aroun 25-27 to fill er up

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks for all the data. I'm glad to hear it's comming down in some areas. Every penny helps.

6. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Last time I filled up my powerstroke it cost 100.00 our governor thinks diesel is a special fuel and raised tax on it last year. gas is 20cents cheaper than diesel here.

7. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Took a look at the pump price on friday, and had to get some into the RV to be able to use my generator...... the system has to have more than 1\4 tank to be able to use the generator..... The price went down over night.... $3:03 here at Mobil in California with all of our states add on's...

bayrunner ray.....

8. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va

The oil company's really don't have a huge profit margin. The governments taxes on a gallon of gas are almost 3 times the oil company's profits.:sad2: I think the actuall figure is around 2.7%. The oil comp. have to make a profit to be in buisness.
    ]\Chip

9. Cat Man Joe

Cat Man Joe New Member

State:
    Illinois
    The oil companies are making plenty of money! Billion dollar quarters. The real money is made by the shieks and what not. Dont think its gonna go down for very long. I was listening to Phil Valentine on talk radio tonight and he compared it to crabbing that his Grandmother used to take him. Throw a chicken neck out in the ocean tied to a line, wait for a nibble, bring it in just a little, wait some more, get a nibble, bring it in a little more, ect. ect.... Isnt that what they have done to us for the last couple years? 1.75.... 1.80... 1.90..... 1.82... 2.00.... 1.95... 2.03... 2.07... 2.01... Now were up over 3.00!! Makes sense I guess. Their slowly getting us used to higher prices. Were looking back now saying "howd we get to 3.00 a gallon". What will we be saying in two more years? Just a thought.

10. south_va_fisherman

south_va_fisherman New Member

State:
    Muddy Cross, Virginia
    just filled up this morning and it cost me a little over $72 dollars to fill up the F150. My dad always tells me about when he would pay a quater a gallon, hes 58 now :smile2:

11. trippyclwn

trippyclwn Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Name:
    Tracey
    well gas here is now 2.85 gallon it was 2.89 a couple of days ago so it went down a little anyway lol
    its a shame when those 4 cents mean a lot to you! lol i can remember it being 2.50 a few months ago but that wasnt meant to stay i guess.
    :eek:oooh:
    maybe more people up here on sand mountain can drive tractors to work? lol
    might save a little money, or lawn mowers like on the waterboy lol :big_smile:

12. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    :eek:oooh:Here are the prices in my area: :embarassed:Regular will cost you an Arm. :angry:Mid Grade will cost you a Leg.:crazy:High Test your first born.:smile2:Can it get any worse???

13. trippyclwn

trippyclwn Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Name:
    Tracey
    shhhhhhh dont say it out loud or they will charge us consumption taxes for gas use and pollution taxfor the exhaust that comes out of the car due to what? you guessed it gas! lol
    :crazy: yes it could be worse man lol