Gas prices!!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL NEBRASKA TALK' started by catfish_jordan, Jul 12, 2007.

1. catfish_jordan

catfish_jordan New Member

State:
    Lincoln,NE
    right now nebraska has one of the highest gas in the country because of the flooding in kansas.im not sure what it is but i think it is close to 3.35 to 3.45(give or take a litle) a gallon.

i hope everybody down in kansas is ok.

2. JakeW

JakeW New Member

State:
    Fremont, NE
    actually, i heard second highest. only behind hawaii, makes us feel good the only other state were behind is a frigging island.

3. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    It was 3.49 per gallon here yesterday. It is a big crock the gas companies are shooting us...the coffeyville refinery effecting the price by about .50 per gallon. I call it a plain old greed factor by them enabled by our politicians. We need a campaign like the had if Floridia a few years ago - THROW THE RASCALS OUT.

4. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    was 3:19 here:eek:oooh::angry:

5. JakeW

JakeW New Member

State:
    Fremont, NE
    i dont care where your at, if its above 2.50 it sucks, if its above 3, well, it really sucks. i was stationed out in california, and i tell ya, 3.99 was not uncommon!

6. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    As of right now it's 3.19 here .they said last week that because of the flooding in Kansas it was going to affect the Mid West.They sure didn't waste any time getting into our pockets once again.

7. JakeW

JakeW New Member

State:
    Fremont, NE
    you know, its never gonna get back down, to like 1.50, just imagine where its gonna be 10 years from now!

8. fishinjunky

fishinjunky Member

State:
    Nebraska
    you know whats funny is in ten years we will be drilling alaska, and have the cheapest gas ever. while selling to all the mideastern countrys that raped us for like ten bucks a gallon. payback is a beeoch.

9. BAMA_CAT

BAMA_CAT New Member

State:
    Boaz,ALABAMA
    Its 2.79 here last week it was 2.69

10. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    A month ago I gave $4.45 at one place at Hana, Maui. But the going price at most places on Maui was $3.76.

$2.86 here at Walmart with their 3 cent discount.

Attached Files:

11. waleygator

waleygator New Member

State:
    Weeping Water, NE
    Weeping Water, NE was $3.29 this morning...
    BP here in Omaha was $3.54 this morning...
    Bucky's down the street here was $3.27...
    Conoco about 6 blocks away was $3.45...

Hard to imagine there would be such a differnce between stations. Reckon someone is "gouging" a little bit. Remember the last time we had the "shortage", BP gouged the heck out of us here in the Omaha/Lincoln area and got their knickers kicked when some of the local politicians found out. Maybe it needs to happen again!

12. JakeW

JakeW New Member

State:
    Fremont, NE
    i work at a store in omaha, and we have a gas station. from the way i understand, the science behind alot of stations setting prices, is look across the street. what that station is at, were gonna match it.

you gotta take in effect also, omaha is a bigger market, they are gonna get the gas first, so the price raising may have not it the small towns yet, just wait. i live in fremont, and work in omaha, it happens all the time. and yes, why not gouge it, us idiots who do drive a half hour to work everyday, gonna buy it huh?!! damn it anyway.

13. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    3.20 here in Booneville and rising:angry:

14. waleygator

waleygator New Member

State:
    Weeping Water, NE
    You absolutely right, takes awhile to catch up to the smaller towns. I'll still drive the 30+ miles, like the peace and quiet that far out!

15. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    I agree with you 100% on thowing the Bums out :big_smile:

16. waleygator

waleygator New Member

State:
    Weeping Water, NE
    Heading to Bucky's down the street here in Omaha in a few minutes, down to $3.09 this afternoon from $3.27 this weekend. Better fill now before someone recognizes they screwed up!:cool2:

17. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    According to the AAA, Nebraska does have the highest prices in the nation right now.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070716/ne_gas_prices_nebraska.html?.v=1

"Nebraska edged Michigan to take the dubious honor of having the most expensive gas in the nation, according to a nationwide AAA gas price survey released Sunday. At $3.34, the average price for a gallon of gas in Nebraska was down a little less than a cent from Saturday, but Michigan was down more than a cent and slightly lower than Nebraska."

Sorry about that. We are at $3.15-3.20 in the KC area.

18. Zombie76

Zombie76 New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    As of today we overtook Michigan for highest state average at 3.33.
    It's still 3.45 here though.:angry:

19. waleygator

waleygator New Member

State:
    Weeping Water, NE
    Springfield BP, about 10 miles south of Omaha, had it at $3.03 while Bucky's just down the street is at $3.07 this morning...:big_smile:

20. waleygator

waleygator New Member

State:
    Weeping Water, NE
    Filled up for $3.01 at Bucky's after work yesterday here in Omaha. Weeping Water (where I live) is down to $3.13 this morning. Oldest son in northwest Nebraska at Gering filled yesterday for $2.97...