Gas prices

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by bluejay, Oct 18, 2006.

1. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Whats up now? Gas prices here jumped fro $1.90 to $2.15 here yesterday. Glad my trucks were full.

2. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Dunno... we keep bouncin back and forth, past several weeks, between $2.13 and $2.07... NE Oklahoma, near Mo. state line. Usually it's at least 8 cents/gal cheaper in Missouri. Haven't been out yet today to see whether it's changed again!

3. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Thats easy,the holidays are coming up.National holiday on 10 Nov followed shortly by Thanksgiving and then Xmas and New years.The price fluctuations you see now are pretty much local marketing schemes as oil speculation has calmed down considerably on wall street.Our reserves are full,hurricanes haven't destroyed any capability and the reality of there isn't any shortage of oil has finally dawned on those that cause the jumps in the first place,the wall street speculators.The Saudis and everyone else have been saying there is plenty of oil and not to panic.In fact the oilproducers have threatened to cut production because the price has fallen so much.:big_smile:

4. slimepig

slimepig New Member

State:
    Kerrville Texas
    never got below $2.15 here. which is still higher than what it was after katrina, the supposed excuse err ummm reason for the price increase.

5. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    Price is 2.04 here in northern Arkansas but went to sister in laws that is just off the boot heel of Missouri and it was 1.98 there.

6. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I paid $2.01 today at walmart. could've got it for $1.98 if I'd had a walmart credit card...:eek:oooh:
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    She's learned to say things with her eyes that others waste time putting into words.

7. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    I filled up on Monday for 1.96. The same station tonight was 2.16 when I drove by.

8. bluejay

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Back t $2.07 yesterday.

9. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Hey every one Ill trade you gasoline bills heck its 2.29 here and diesel is 2.38 -2.44 consider yourselves blessed

10. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Holidays-Holidays,and more Hoildays.need I say any more.

11. bluejay

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Now $2.03 again.

12. SUNDROP

SUNDROP New Member

State:
    Washington
    $2.09 here and holding for the last 3 weeks. Has been as high as $3.04. I did notice 2 cycle oil went up about $1.25 at my boat shops though per gallon in the last month!

13. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    It Seems they like to play games with us Its realy greed greed:crazy: