Gas Prices

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by MRR, Jun 27, 2006.

1. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    well the big oil companys are at it again. Here it is another holiday coming up and they are raising the gas prices. But you listen to them they say they don't do that.(YEA RIGHT) . Is it giong up in your part of the country or is it just around this area.It's went from 2.69 to 2.73 since yesterday. Don't surprise me none. I know parts of the country is higher than that allready.

2. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    This does not surprise me one bit.

3. Nobody Special

Nobody Special New Member

State:
    TN
    It's gonna be higher than that in a week or so. Iran just announced they were not going to negotiate over their nukes.

4. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    wish i could get gas or diesel for 2.73 tired of paying over 3 bucks a gallon.
    I spend a average of 2637.00 a week just in diesel.

5. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    went from $2:79 to $2:85

6. Norm

Norm New Member

State:
    Freeport, IL
    The lowest its been around here is several months is 2.83. Most places are 2.89 - 2.93. It shouldn't go up, because the gas stock is at the highest in several years. Grand Coulee Dam speculators are what is driving up the price of oil. The speculators and the government are making the most from the high oil prices.

7. rcneman

rcneman New Member

State:
    TN
    one would have thunk that with all the Oil that we went to war for...the Bushies and friends would have had a great surplus by now.....lowered the prices and rakin in the cash..what the heck happened? How could the Saudies and Venezualuns be makin so much money? I'm so confused....i will Al would have given us more of the internet so we had more info to understand.

8. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    $2.87 here but that changes every 3 to 5 days. Should be going up to $2.98 in a couple days if goes according to the pattern of the past few weeks.

9. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I live in Northwest Missouri,I'm not familiar with Lousiana Missouri,but was just informed today they are raising 10 cents in my part of Missouri. It's a good thing I same as live on the Missouri,or I couldn't afford to go,not when you're still raising kids(teenagers)---------pk:angry:

10. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    BIO DIESEL

you can make ur own diesel for bout a dollar a gallon!!!!

great STUFF

11. Lngbo

Lngbo New Member

State:
    Marion Ark
    Went up eleven cents a gallon here in two days, Valpro has numerous plackard tank cars sitting in storage, you can see them from the interstate. It is just oil company bs and we are paying for it.

12. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Yesterday it was 2.77 or so, today 2.99?

13. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    we have a BP not bass pro but british petrolium?
    up the street that for the last month has held at 2.99 regular unleaded
    even when the other stations went from 2.88 to 2.79 back up and down again several times this one station stays at 2.99
    i think this is a test station of sorts to see how many people will still come in for higher gas instead of shopping around.
    always seems to have cars there .
    its a shame.
    i think if we could collectivly get together we could make them drop the price guess everyone has plenty of money to buy it at these prices cause i dont hear too much squawkin:angry:

14. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Went from $2.69-$2.89 yesterday. Yeah, I think they are on the way up.

15. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    I live around the Fort Smith Arkansa area and last time I filled up the price was $ 2.59. this morning I filled up and it was $2.69. I dont see any releif in sight. I drive 50 miles a day if i go straight to work and back but usually get side tracked and drive more miles the dang truck just cant stay away from the water:big_smile:

16. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    Its a shame really. But its always been that way and it will continue to be that way, so I dont argue it.
    The cheapest i seen it was at the Wal-Mart for $2.54 in Oklahoma City. the most expensive, cant remember where..but I think it was near Vail, CO for $3.07, but dont hold me to that location, I know I saw I a sign that said $3.07, I thought.."dang...thats high." The average was around $2.69-$2.75, somewhere in that range.

17. shortshank

shortshank New Member

State:
    Oregon
    With the holiday and prices here at $2.89 for the cheap unleaded today, I wonder what "Ethel" would be today? In 1966 I payed $.25 a gallon for good ol Ethel in Texarkana(sp) . Of course I had to pump the glass tank...the one with the long wooden arm??
    Don

18. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Gas prices are they high, you bet!, Will I use the price of gas as a excuse, Heck no, I make the National Gathering no matter what. To much work went into this gathering for me to set up and make an excuse on why I can not make the National gathering. I am on disability tell me about not having money!!! I had to sell my truck and an RV to pull myself thru the hard times. Do I wont Pity, Heck No, I wont people to realize that if a realistic effort to make the National Gathering, it can be done.

19. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    I'm with Top. Done paid for the reservation and ain't nothing going to keep me away.

20. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Well within a week, regular went down from 3.07 to 2.66, which is lower than when MRR posted this a few weeks back.

BUT with the races due in this weekend here, I bet they hijack them back up before then in this town.

Let's break down the price per MILE......mine is roughly 6.5 cents per mile in the hybrid. The other one is roughly 16 cents a mile.

I've never understood the principle of people making more money and everything they have to buy costing more. Can someone paint me a picture? Do people that live in another country making 50 dollars a week, have less happiness, when this same person could live in America and do the same job making 50,000 yr? I don't think they have less happiness, or they would move here. It's all in what we are conditioned to believe we have to have in our lives or want in our lives. Less is more and that may lead to being happier...........I'm ramblin' again.
    Night.