Gas Prices

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by Cherokee, Apr 6, 2006.

1. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    Gas jumped another 20 cents here in Kentucky today making around $2.79. Keeps this up we may have to go back to horse and buggy. On the news they said they planned a protest about the the gas and only two woman showed up to protest.

2. explayer

explayer New Member

State:
    Tucson AZ
    thats sucks gas here is like 2.50 a gallon but I leave torrow to go to californa where it is always much higher so we will see

3. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Gas Prices are killing us. I think they have us right where they want us :sad:

4. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    Yep just went to get gas and it is 2.75 here jumped 20 cents also... what a pity. :sad:

5. TeamCatHazzard

TeamCatHazzard New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I get so mad over those gas prices. I think it was 2.50 here and like 2.60 for diesel. But Im sure it will go up if it is other places.

6. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    I am thinking of getting a smaller boat because of gas prices, around $2.44 but seems as though they are raising it everyday latley:crying:

7. HARVRAD2003

HARVRAD2003 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    The gas prices here in O'fallon Illinois raised from 2.54 yesterday to 2.69 today, figure gas will hit 3.00 at least by Summer. It's sad that those that are way beyond rich have to get our hard earned cash so that their Billions of dollars can increase and our few hundreds of dollars can decrease little by little. I pay around 90.00 a tank full at 3.00 a gallon it's beginning to get hard to pay the bills that have to be paid and then pay for the gas that doesn't have to be so high.

8. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Well its coming into summer time and people want to go on vacation and there going to make it to where people will sit at home and not go.

I think the people should protest by not going to work for three days and not even moving there cars for them days after all employers have no one show up maybe they will beat the door down in congress.

Could you have seen this if it would of happened 25 years ago, everyone would of drove to the white house and parked there cars on the lawn, and you know what it would of changed the next day: where the heck is the teamsters when you need them..lol

9. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    That is part of it in a nutshell they do not want people to go places anymore keep it high enough so they cant but still have to drive to work. They want people to do like overseas use mass transit aint gonna happen. I pay 3.10 for my diesel i buy on the average 280 a pop and I do that several times a week and people wonder my rates keep going up.

10. larkin

larkin New Member

State:
    Almo Ky
    I would have to say it is George Bush's fault. He putting most of the fuel in the reserves, and we are dont even have enough refinery's anymore to filter the fuel so we can use it, so there is less going to the public forcing prices up. IT SUCKS

11. bigfish

bigfish New Member

State:
    Dunbar WV.
    the last time it went up like that my boss's wife looked it up the stock price was still at $2.00 and pump price was over $3.00 it just dont make any cense to me. im with deerhunter if everyone [could] just sit at home for 2 or 3 days might just open some eyes. them battery operated motors keep lookin better and better.

12. catfishbill33

catfishbill33 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, TN
    Deerhunter you hit the nail on the head.

13. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    $2.79 at all pumps here in town, one station is $2.49 still, line is 10 cars deep non stop. Topped off and try to make it through weekend, hope not to drive too far tomorrow. LMAO

14. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Its about 2.60 here and up to 2.80 downtown. With the Derby just around the corner Im gonna try and stock pile a few gallons. It will jump at least 20-30 cents just for derby. What infuriates me the most is our president saying we are addicted to oil. Hes right, and he is part of the problem. No new money for alternative energy, no new money for more refineries, we are pounded by ads for the biggest baddest trucks and suvs and we fall for them. He did "improve" minimum mpg on vehicles by about a mile per gallon for future cars, but that aint gonna do it. Im strongly looking into a hybrid foreign vehicle because american auto manu. and the pres. want us under the thumbs of big oil.

15. larkin

larkin New Member

State:
    Almo Ky
    Yes I agree "derbycitycatman" we are addicted to oil, because the U.S. Government wont allow us to use some alternative resources. The U.S. government is going to hell, and we are gonna end up screwed here before long, I can almost guarantee it.

But what can we do?

16. derby_city_flathead

derby_city_flathead New Member

State:
    kentucky
    100% correct....
    keep this up and i'll be a bank fisherman for sure....
    man,i sure hate the sound of that:mad:

17. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    If half of the people in the U.S.A would part there cars for 2 days then you would see gas prices drop fast but i dont see that happen because we live in a fast pace world its always hurry, hurry, hurry.

18. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Naw, these high fuel prices are Truman's fault. He shouldn't have fired McArthur and he'd have whipped everyones' ass and none of them would have the gall to raise prices like this... I'll bet we can find a way to blame the French also...never did like those potatoes.

19. armynavy

armynavy New Member

State:
    Iowa
    The funny thing was I got the paper monday when I was in rockford, it had a little column that was explaining that the cost of crude oil was the reason and so on and so forth. And then right underneath it was a article about how exxon mobile took down wal-mart to #2 fortune 500 company with the biggest profit of any company ever in history 36.1 billion. So why in the hell are the prices that high do these people really need that much profit???

20. larkin

larkin New Member

State:
    Almo Ky
    In America, Yes, they do need that much profit, it is all out of greed too, not the common good.