Gas prices falling

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Nobody Special, Apr 29, 2006.

1. Nobody Special

Nobody Special New Member

State:
    TN
    Did I say something last week about the price of gas going down every time the politicians start talking about an investigation? Well, I noticed this morning that prices have fallen about 5 cents so far. About another nickle and the politicians will slack off and then prices will slowly inch back up. It happens every time.

2. Darrell

Darrell New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Your absolutely right grumpy! Heck they didnt do anything to stop it, now they want to do something to fix it? What a crock! I called my financial planner and asked him what to do. He said if you cant beat them, join them. What do you guys think? Do you think investing in the fuel market is wiser than fighting it?

D

3. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    There is no fighting it. All we can do is talk about it.
    Fight your fights, and find grace in the things we can't chance.

Pray for better and give thanks for the good things.

4. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    You may be right, but I've got a completely different theory. If they raise the price of gas 5 or 10 cents a gallon, everyone is unhappy. But, there's a way to not only raise the price that much and make everyone happy with it, but also make some extra money in the process.
    What they do is raise the price of gas 30 or 40 cents a gallon in a series of quick steps, say a nickle every day or two. Now everyone is really upset at the big jump in price. Then the price is lowered to a point that is 5 or 10 cents over the original price. Everyone is happy about the lower price of gas, even though it's higher that the original price; additionally, oil companies have made extremely high profits during the 'adjustment period'.

5. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    I am glad someone seen prices go down they gone up another 12 cents in the past 2 days here.

6. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    :confused2: WHAT I DON'T UNDERSTAND IS THEY CAN RAISE THE PRICE OF GAS 10 CENTS AT A TIME BUT WHEN IT DOES GO DOWN IT GOES A PENNY OR TWO AT A TIME. WHATS THE DEAL WITH THAT. CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN IT.

7. tehrealmccoy

tehrealmccoy New Member

State:
    Streator, Illin
    Gas prices have unfortunately only fell a few cents here. I want to see it drop in increments of 10 cents like it did back in November, I remember when it went down to $2.17 which is remarkable considering the summer gas prices were maxed out around $3.19.

8. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    They can't tickle my ears with a couple on nickles. We have been gouged and I want to be compinsated!!!!!!:angry:

9. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    I think Jtrew already did.

10. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I never dreamed I'd ever be thrilled about the gas prices getting ,way down, to 2 something a gallon. :)

Don't worry about avoiding temptation. As you grow older, it will avoid you.

11. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I never thought i'd be happy abt gas being $2.79 a gallon,but it beats $2.95,not real happy though,I just filled up a cpl days ago and it was $2.89.

12. YeeHaw

YeeHaw New Member

State:
    Quincy Illinois
    If we keep buying it, it wont change much.

13. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    i think mr. jtrew said it all

its a ploy that they have been successful with useing .

after the initial presidential speech about investigateing
    our station here in swansea/belleville il lowered the prices by 12 cents a gallon that same day of the speech. each day now after its lowered by 2 to 5 cents till its 2.69 today

2 months ago it was 2.59 3 months ago about 2.49

dont know what they think they are accomplishing .
    makeing millions of people poorer cannot be a good stratedgy
    this will have to ultimately have an adverse effect on the economy that i would think will hurt the oil co. profits.
    they allready arent doing as good this quarter as last year.
    maybe their greed is about ready to take a bite out of their butt before long.:0a32: :0a32: