Gas prices endagering wildlife

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by whisker maniac, May 30, 2008.

1. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Well you can bet with these high gas prices affecting the economy and driving prices up on everything across the board that it will eventually start affecting more and more people to start disregarding laws and their own personal morals about poaching or about catch and release.

The oil companies and the government have lit a fuse on a bigger powder keg than they realize.

2. 45CATFISH

45CATFISH New Member

State:
    HENDERSON,LOUISIANA
    I SECOND THAT.A MAN HAS GOTTO PROVIDE FOR HIS FAMILY

3. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I bet ya they realize it.
    Sure has made life hard on this end. Crime.

I'm sure folks will be hunting this comeing year.

4. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    Seems to me crime thefts are up big time.All you hear about is robberies and junk.In Louisville three people in the middle of luch rush robbed a Dairy Queen shot to of the workers.If you have copper you need to have a shotgun guarding it.It's been a big problem here.

5. Philiagorillia

Philiagorillia New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Same here, we got copper thieves everywhere, its the main reason why there i no copper plumbing in mobile homes anymore. We have alot of people breaking into where i work to steal the fresh copper wire and plates.

6. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    The gas prices will go higher, congress has no reason to put an end to it. Sure they drag the oil company heads before congress and question them. So next election they can say look what we did. What a joke. What the average person dont know is that Federal and state taxes add up to 27% of the price on a gallon of gas. The oil companies only make 23% profit on a gallon of gas. If gas prices are not regulated, how can you go from one town to the next and have the same gas prices? Someone is regulating the price of gas and I dont think it is the oil companies.

What we need is a good old American general worker strike until the price of gas goes down, I am surprised the truckers havent already. Price of everything will go up except the price on your paycheck.

7. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    I know quite a few people growing gardens who didn't before. I am going to be keeping more fish in the freezer, and probably hunt more than before.
    I recently read where someones house was robbed of it's aluminum siding while they was out of town. Around here the junkers have just about got everything cleaned out. Looks as if we are in a depression not flirting with it as the media and government want you to believe.
    I'm unsure of what the answer might be, but you can be sure that while we are being distracted by mundane things such as survival. We are going to be getting more of our rights and freedoms taken away.
    What we have to do is learn to adapt and overcome in a positive manner. So in the meantime, I'm going fishing Later Andy

8. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Things will get real ugly. I have been preparing my family for the road ahead.Only time will tell what happens but all I know is that it sucks. People are losing a way of life. I hate a liar and a theif but if its to feed your family and not to buy drugs then what can you say.Its the blue collar people who make everything go round and we are always the hardest hit. God bless everyone and good luck!

9. katcaller

katcaller New Member

State:
    in
    Amazing, just amazing, where does this thinking come from? Your ethics and morals are governed by the price of gasoline?

10. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma

No offense ,Earl. But I see it coming and I think it will be survival of the fittest.

11. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I agree with you one hundred percent if the gas prices keep rising the way they do, people wont be able to afford food, and we will see alot more poachers, and killing animals illegal I think its redicilous though these gas companies are making billions of dollars profit each year, but still yet they keep raising gas.

12. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    I didnt say I would steal. But I would if I absolutely had to. I dont have any children yet but if I did I would do whatever I would have to do. It doesnt seem as if the government or gas companies have any morals, they are stealing from us. I would like to see everyones opinion a year or two from now.:wink:

13. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    We actually have no one to blame except ourselves, we have elected the idiots in office right now. We need to make sure the ones who "held a fire" to the oil companies feet these last 2 times, dont make it back in office again. We need to do a clean sweep and start over with people who are for the people, not the big business'.

I think right now we are in a recession and headed for a depression if something isnt done pretty quick. Where I live the average income is about 35,000 a year, and people were barely making it on that, now since Bush has been in office gas has almost doubled. At what point are these people going to figure out there paychecks doesnt cover all the bills, and just give up working. The companies they work for arent going to give raises to cover the cost of getting back and forth to work. They will claim they are loosing profits, as they pass on the rising costs to the consumer. We are in a world of hurt, but apparently the Democrats and the Repulicans dont think of it as an issue? Have you heard anything other than the Democrats saying they are going to take the tax breaks away from the oil companies? Then what are they going to do with the taxes? Oh and McCain wants to "temporarily stop the Federal taxes on oil" Why not make the oil companies cease exports until the price of gas is back down? I bet the price of gas would come down quickly.

Just a thought.......

14. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Just had a thought while reading this.
    What if the opposite happens? I mean what happens when people can't afford the gas to get to lakes, rivers, and hunting grounds? Not to mention having to pay for ammo, bait, hooks, other fishing supplies.

Then won't disease and other over-population problems arise?

The ones that are truely going to turn to crime are the city folk who have never been taught how to hunt or fish or raise a garden.

15. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    I'll get beat up for saying this, but high fuel prices in the short term have a silver lining. High prices make it viable to to develop and implement alternate fuel sources. Kind of poetic justice if the oil companies price-gouge us into buying fuel efficient cars and demanding that our government put resources into developing energy sources produced in the U.S., putting them out of business. Watch the prices drop as it becomes apparent that there are other sources of energy out there and the oil monopoly could be coming to an end.

Trick is to live through the time between now and when the other sources come available:confused2:

16. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Yeah Congress has cut the oil companies a tax break to find alternate fuel, that was what 10 years ago. What have they come up with? Nothing. Why dont you think we dont already have alternate fuels.............Oil is a big business, and it will not happen any time soon, not only that the US government is also taking their cut of it. The silver lining is in the oil companies pockets.

Alaska has enough oil to supply all the needs of the US for the next 200 years, Congress keeps blocking more drilling there because it will drive down the price of gasoline. Next time ya'll vote, vote for someone on the ballot that hasnt been there before, who knows, maybe one day we will find a group that has the average American interest at heart.

17. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
  18. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    I think the alternative fuel push is a joke. They did the same thing back in the 70's just to hush the american public over the raising cost of fuel. It didn't work then why should it work now.

It cost as much or more to make fuel out of corn or other things than it does for the gasoline so where are we gonna be better off with alternative fuels.

The people in Argentina and Somalia only pay 12 cents a gallon for gas. Argentina offered to sell the US billions of a gallons of oil but the US turned them down saying it would upset the economy. Where would it upset the economy at. I'll tell you...... In the pocket books of the oil tycoons like Bush and Chaney... that's where.

Bush, Chaney, and all their oil tycoon buddies are raping America.

Those of us that live in rural America are the ones really being hurt the most. We don't live in the big cities with mass transit that we can use. We all have jobs that require us to drive to and from work everyday and our spouses also.
    We are the ones that are having to pay out the nose. The people in government don't realize how hard it is to make ends meet out here in rural
    America. They have mass transit and they have their limos that is furnished by the government.