Gas Price Warning

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by whisker maniac, Sep 11, 2008.

1. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Just to let everyone know that they evacuating the coastal rigs and the refineries.

My wife works for Murphy Oil USA and they sent out e-mails to everyone today letting them know that because of the Refinery closings that gas prices will go up at least 1.50 a gallon over the next several days. It will probably stay that way for a couple weeks at least depending on the damage to the refineries or the amount of water that is dropped by the hurricane.

Just letting everyone know so that you can go out and fill out your vehicles and gas cans before the prices hit as hard as they are going to.

It takes the refineries at least 10 days to get back online if nothing is wrong and as many refineries are down in the gulf area they supply 1/3rd of the daily supply of gasoline to the US daily. So buckle up and be prepared for a good possibility of two weeks of really high gas prices, maybe even longer.

2. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Thanks for the tip Bro

3. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Thanks for the warning........CRAP:sad2::sad2:

4. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    another reason to BUILD MORE REFINERIES!!

5. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    :crazy:I drive a Ford Excursion:eek:oooh: Thanks for the heads up!

6. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Gee...a $1.50 ??

Thanks for the warning Kevin.

-Jim-

7. germanmudfish

germanmudfish New Member

State:
    Gray, GA
    Kinda explains why the pumps were so full around here tonight at about 900 pm. Families with cars topping off. Dang it, and I am off the bike for six weeks since getting the pacemaker put in on monday. That 40+ mpg would be nice right now. Thanks for the heads up.

8. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    JUst another excuse to get in our pockets.Thanks for the heads up.

9. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    thanks. i just got a black ski mask and cleaned the shotgun. so im ready.:wink:

10. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Buy your locking gas caps now!!!! Just sick but it is what it is. Hell of a time to be poor eh people.

11. porboy

porboy New Member

State:
    TX Panhand
    Thanks for the warning. I'll fill up everything.

12. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    thanks man,appreciate the heads up.

13. bnewsom71

bnewsom71 New Member

State:
    Mathervill
    Awwww S**t!!!!! :angry: Thanks for the warning!!! That will put a hurtin' on the fishing plans!!!!

14. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    It is bad when they can make the profits that they make and then when something happens that they have to fix. We have to pay for it again. I need to figure out when something breaks at work how to get my customers to pay for it. Above the product that they are already buying from me. I will believe a buck fifty when I see it. But no doubt about it the prices will go up because of this. Maybe they need to buy storm insurance:smile2:.

Tom

15. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Yep it went up .30 a gallon this morning and I heard it is going to 4.25/4.50 what a rip

16. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Some people are crying about the price of gas going up because the companies are HAVING to shut down refineries, including the largest refinery in the USA due to a hurricane.

My feelings go out to the people that work in the refineries and all the people that live in those areas. We have family that live there that lost everything but their life during Katrina. They recently evacuated before Gustav and now have been told again to evacuate. They have elected to ride Ike out.

17. fishnvince

fishnvince New Member

State:
    na
    Kind of figured something was going to change with the forcast . Thanks for the up date

18. deadly_legend

deadly_legend New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    uhg thanks for the update, i need to fill up...people have been cyphering gas from my cars, so, im going to have to keep and extra eye out now that the price is going up

19. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Thanks for the warning in fuel price. I'm sure some of those folks in the path of storm appreciates the warning. They need to stock up to save on expense's. I'm sure they have enough to worry about than to not be able to afford gas .

Good luck to all those who or in path of stome. I hope it doesn't do damage to you and yours. East Texas is set up to help, we have shelters etc. and we are not charging for shelter and donations or raising the price on our food and water supply etc. Course most know that cause my area is full of people heading this way to miss the storm.

Prayers and good thoughts be with you.

Rest of my thoughts on this will be in the hi area.

20. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    i haul gas and i delivered a load today that i had to collect on and it was 3.87 store cost 8600 gals was 33,300 bucks