Gas just jumped .15 today

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by rudepossum, May 11, 2007.

1. rudepossum

rudepossum Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    My wife just called from the station saying they where getting ready to raise gas prices another 15 cents, so i needed to grab the boat and fill up. ( good woman). Got the truck, cars and boat filled up before the changed the pumps. So now it is 3.14 here in Southwest Missouri. Whats the deal? I feel like I am at a Barret and Jackson auto auction.:beated:

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Ain't nothin gonna happen until we as citizens are ready to take it back!

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I agree with George. The citizens in this country need to make a united stand. Show these oil companies who runs this country.

4. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    I agree also, i just wish someone would come up with a plan that would work!!:crazy:

5. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    I'm with You Big Geroge!!!! Let's take er Back. J.D.

6. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Sign me up too!!! :roll_eyes: :confused2: :lol:

7. porboy

porboy New Member

State:
    TX Panhand
    I'm in if anyone can come up with a plan. It went up to $3.25 today from $3.15 this morning and started the week at $3.05. Whats going on fellows??
    Bill

8. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I agree with you menfolk! I do not see how people can continue to drive with these outrageous gas prices!! Wages are gonna have to go way up or they're gonna have to come way down! Yes some way some how the USA has to decide that enough is enough. Until then what are people going to do? Just keep paying these redicioulous prices or what??:angry_2: I know I can't afford it!!:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

9. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    ok i know the gas price are going up but check this out, where i get gas the prices dropped not much 5 cents, and at another station where there is a two on opposing corners the one is almost 10 cent cheaper than the others. i paid $2.98 for plus at exxon , is this the start of a gas war i am seeing certain stations prices dropping and other following suit. the prices of gas going up and the cost of living has not for most of us poor working saps and fixed incomes soon we will be working just to put gas in to our tanks, there is a chain reaction on the rise gas everything else goes up.

10. odtimr

odtimr New Member

State:
    nebraska
    $3.15x37gals (2 tanks 8mpg) =$116.55 the old fishing van wouldn’t bring that much except for an old sentimental fool like me. It use to be food or medicine, now its food or fishing. I sure don’t understand about that wonderful economy the administration is bragging about. Luck

11. astutzman

astutzman New Member

State:
    Collinsville, IL
    yeah but what if we find out that it really is the oil companies that run this country.

i dunno. what i keep hearing is that gas wouldn't be so pricey if China wasn't starting to consume so much of it, driving up demand. The reason China can afford to buy up all the oil is because we Americans are addicted to cheap Chinese goods. Maybe the real solution to the gas price problem lies not at the pump, but at the local Walmart.

Buy American!

12. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Dont ya love it when they BS people to run to the pumps and fill up everything they got. I wonder how many of 300 bil. Americans did that.
    I'm surprised stores wasnt uping the price more saying they would be out next day. :roll_eyes:
    who ever has stock in oil got a nice bump today. :tounge_out:

13. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    I am really sick of the gas prices, I think the United States Postal Service and the Gas Prices have a running war with one another on who can continue to keep raising prices(US stamps increase Monday, May 14, 2007 to .41 in case you didnt know)

Gas prices here are at $3.35 for regular. I use Mid-grade gas. Was in Aspen yesterday and their prices at a Shell station was Regular $3.79 Mid-Grade $3.89 Supreme $3.99 per gallon. So, it was a reminder that it could be worst. Oh and ALOT of people were riding around on bicycles too :lol:

14. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    On a lighter note gas prices may be getting higher but they are once again higher than deisel here , and I've not seen that for years.

15. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    today on the radio i heard that walmart and other retailers are starting to feel the reprecussions of these fuel prices.
    people are now forced to make the big choice ,
    either keep fuel in your tank or buy stuff like no tommorow.
    i think this is the start of reality for all of us.
    when the gas started getting high a few years ago i said that people wont be able to eat out as much and businesses will start to feel the effect.
    well thats allready been happening and looks like it is starting to take a
    toll on them.
    increases are not only neccessary and expected but this is down right over kill.
    since the oil companies have started in with these overinflated price hikes
    the utility companies the water companies have followed suit.
    give me a break ! how do they expect us to live?
    no one i know has gotten a huge raise in their wages.
    its got to give somewhere.
    i bet people will start finding they dont need the latest and greatest gadgits as much any more .
    on the radio they said that the internal revenue has raked in more taxes this year than ever in history, somewhere around 600 billion dollars
    seems to me there is more than enough extra money lieing around that they could start a few new state of the art refinerys and start up the united states oil company put these exxon mobil companies out of business here in america. let them charge other companies whqat they will pay but we could get our oil and ethanol and whatever other fuels that we can right here made and sold by U.S. citizens .
    then there would be no need to worry about what another country causeing a disturbance and whatever other B.S. fairytail these stock
    investors can dream up.
    i'm starting to believe that there is a mafia involvement in oil.

16. jbarnes17

jbarnes17 New Member

State:
    Commerce, Oklahoma
    I haven't filled my truck all the way full in a year and a half. It just makes me sick that it would cost me over $60.00 to fill it up. Luckily I only drive 6 miles to work. I know these high gas prices have put me and my wife's budget in a crunch. Its just a bunch of B.S. what these guys with the oil stocks dream up just to raise the prices.

17. ko1featherweigh

ko1featherweigh New Member

State:
    newark,cal
    its 3.47 here for regular on campus theres a thing going around that May 15 is boycott gas day or some thing like that they are telling us for just that day dont buy gas and they said last year it droped 15cents when they did this. they say it all due to supply and demand. if no one buys then supplys over flow so they have to lower there prices to get rid of there supply. if they dont get rid of ther supplys fast enough. the incoming shipments of fresh supply will have nowere to go. this is just what i heard. but ill give it a try:wink:

18. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va
    I live in Roanoke area of VA{southwest va} I got gas on mon ormtues at 3.15 for prem. and tonight i paid 2.93. One of the big problems is we are too dependent on oil. As much as i hate to say it, 3.00 a gallon is really a great deal if you consider what the oil odes, and also the negative effect on the environment.

19. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    Gas here went from 3.03 to 3.19 in one jump.
    Gas companies shut down refineries in the summer for repairs. (imagine that) and our fine congress has made it almost impossible to build new ones. Then throw on that a rebel group in Nigiera blew up a pipe line and the Prez has sent another carrier group to sit off Iran and VP dead eye Dick is saying we will bomb Iran's nuke plants. HUmmmmm now what the plan? Different fuels! Ethonal is 20 cents cheaper than reg. gas here in town.
    Bill