gas grill help

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Phil Washburn, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    ok, my grill finally bit the dust. it is rusting everywhere after 5 years of outside use. i am trying to find a good one and can't make up my mind.

i want to spend between 300 and 500 bucks. i don't need a bunch of fancy features. i just want a good, high quality grill. we grill 3 to 6 times a week, so it is fairly heavy use.

anyone have any suggestions/recommendations? thanks

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Phil over the holiday my wife purchased a three burner gas grill form Walmart. It was on sale for about 100.00 without propane tank. I don't know if this would hold up to heavy use. It looks good and sturdy.

3. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Phil, get the best. You only go around once. Don't know what brand that might be, but you deserve the best Phil.

I can supply you with all the matches you might need. Steaks are on you of course.

4. FISHSKINNER

FISHSKINNER Member

State:
    Texas
    Name:
    Mike
    Check out char-griller I got mine at Tractor Supply for $350.00
    I have only had it for about 6 weeks so I really don't know how long they last but they seem sturdy, and they are made in Georgia so that's got to be better than that made in china crap.

Tractor supply will assemble it for you for $25 and I would let them do it cause it takes between two and three hours to put together

5. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    i ain't got 9K for the best, John. i am just gonna get the best cheapie i can find:wink:

i will furnish the steaks. you just bring a bottle of that new wine from cali for seniors:

:smile2:

6. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Phil if your looking for another gas grill i myself would go with a weber ...Not just for quailty but they have GREAT customer service too.

7. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
  8. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    i got a char broil comerical grill form lowes it is a 3 burner, cast iron grate, I like the cast iron grates better, they had another one that is warrenty for life, i paid 400 the other ones were around 500 I did not like the grate on the other brand,

9. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    One thing about gas grill's they don't last as long as charcoal grill's ? They seem to burn thru the grate's and flavor bar's with in a couple - five year's, Were a charcoal grill will last forever with with a change in grate's if used hard ever 8 - ten year's.

10. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
  11. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Order 2, but in the meantime I guess I'll have to make do with my Char-Broil Commercial. Stay safe and good hunting on the big pond.

12. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Phil that's a alot of money for something that ain't perty and don't serve beer:smile2:

13. MiseryMike

MiseryMike New Member

State:
    Blue Springs
    Go To Wally World and buy a Smoker/Grill by charbroil spent 90 bucks on it has a smoke box on it. Buy Some LUMP charcoal <--- non of that kingsford brickets crap ... Grill up some Good food .. Propane is for king of the hill ill tell you what. js food is better on a real grill :big_smile_2:

14. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
  15. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    In the past I have bought several cheap gas grills and they just dont hold up like you would hope for. After my last one bit the dust.....I have now converted it to a charcoal grill. I took out the elements and just use it like a charcoal grill........This grill now cooks the best food I have ever tasted...( Kingsford charcoal)= great tasting food!:wink:

16. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Phil, I think that if you buy that, you'll have to pull it TO and use it FOR every single BOC gathering across the nation, from now until the end of time.....especially if we have to chip in on it. :big_smile:

Just imagine, after you make sure everyone's well fed, and the music is good, we'll all be so laid back that you can prob'ly jump up on top and preach a little bit.....and nobody'll mind. :wink:

17. RRRKKK

RRRKKK New Member

State:
    Quincy IL
    For an excellent gas grill look at a DUCANE its all stainless inside, I am on me second one in 15 years. You can't wear out the stainless steel cooking surface.

18. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    ok, start passing the hat....... i'll order it today:wink::smile2:

19. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I have 2 grills.
    I've had a steel Holland grill for about 11 years.
    Excellent grill. No flare ups.

Last year I bought an all stainless (everything including the burners are stainless) Wilmington grill.
    The Wilmington was a patent breach copy of the Holland. They had to change the venting on the top to get around the lawsuit.
    The Holland is a single burner that burns at only one temperature and that is 400 degrees. You cook by time.
    Put chickens on and go fishing for an hour.

The Wilmington grill is a two burner grill with adjustable heat.
    She'll climb up to around 650 degrees. Hot enough to sear steaks.

Both are more then you want to spend but both are grills I recomend.
    The Wilmington will run you around a 1000.

One of the best features of both grills is the ease of cleaning.
    All you have is a grate and the anti flare drip pan.

The big majority of other grills are a pain the in the butt to clean and keep clean. Too many nooks and crannies and you got food and drippings that can fall right down to the burners.

Both of these grills have anti flare up guarantees.

20. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Well Phil I'll have to throw mine in the mix. It's a Char-Griller too. These are heavy duty.
    what did some one say about to many choices? lol With out a doubt this is the best all round grill I have ever had. Cost around $365.00 at Lowes. It has 1500 sq. inches of cooking space and a side burner. grill, barbeque and smoke all on the same unit. Three burners. porcelain coated cast iron grates stainless steel burners. This thing is hard to beat. It has solid rubber tires to hold up around two hundred pounds of weight. Can you tell I love mine? lol You wont go wrong buddy. I can get over 600 degrees too! lol

Attached Files: