Garrison, KY boat ramp

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by kyjake, Nov 11, 2007.

1. kyjake

kyjake New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Is there still a usable boat ramp at Garrison?Havent been there in thirty years or so
    Jake

2. kyjake

kyjake New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Drove over to Garrison last Saturday to check it out.The boat ramp is there and a nice one too.Threw out a couple rods with cured liver for a couple hours,no bites.Caught a few small sauger.A fellow taking his boat out had the nicest stringer of sauger I have seen this fall and have seen a lot of nice stringers at the Greenup dam.
    Jake

3. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    sorry for the no catch ..but at least u got out.

4. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I really have been meaning to get out and go to the dam with you. Seems like something always comes up. We'll go next pretty day!:big_smile:
    Sorry you didn't catch anything but you did get out!

5. kyjake

kyjake New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Been going to the dam quite a bit this fall and got a few bags of sauger in the freezer to show for it.Going Monday afternoon and will pick you up if you would like.Looks like one must put rain suit on before getting out of the truck.
    Jake

6. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Where you been Jake? Haven't seen you around any. Hope all is ok with you all. When the river gets back to normal i'm ready to go. Just let me know. I need to get out to go fishing for therapeutic reasons...I'm going crazy!:confused2::smile2:

7. kyjake

kyjake New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Still here and kicking but the fishing is a little slow.The river is too hard to fish but when the tributary's clear up the fishing might be good at the mouth for both cats and sauger.We will get there someday.Went to Grayson dam today with a fly rod to try for trout but no luck.First time to wet a fly line since 1975.
    Jake

8. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

I've found a nice bank spot in Greenup close to the courthouse. Its the little park right before. Checked it out twice yesterday and looks promising. Has a little creek running to the river and seen some baitfish swarming. I'll put up a thread later on,i'm going down for an appointment close by and am gonna stop and get pics.
    Its all level and not far to walk at all. It looks like a perfect place for me if I can get the cats to come out to play. You're more than welcome to join up and fish it with me/us when we go!

9. kyjake

kyjake New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Sounds like a good spot with the creek running in.Let me know when you plan to go and I will try to come along.This would have been a nice day to go.
    Jake

10. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY