Garrett Cope PB Flathead Catfish - 52 Pounds

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by HRCats, Aug 11, 2009.

1. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Stopped by and seen Jack and Garrett on my way home from work. It seems Jack has turned out to be quite the guide after putting Garrett on a new pb flat of 52lbs. Going to let them tell the story and post pics when they call it quits tonight.

2. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I gotta see the pics in order to beleive it. :) ;)

Last edited: Aug 11, 2009

3. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    sounds as JACKS GUIDE SERVICE put another biggun on the bank GARRET that should be good for a 100.00 bill :big_smile::tounge_out::smile2:

4. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    just think,jack s a hell of a buddy , keeping your fish nice en feed while your away, you dont have much more time left till you can be back out there full time do ya:wink:

Last edited: Aug 12, 2009
  5. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    awesome,congrats garrett

6. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    congrats to ya Garrett and nice guide job Jack.

7. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    Jack if you can't get the pictures up send them to me and i'll do it for you:wink:.

8. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    details on this trip. when, where, what bait, what rod and reel and line used. the catfishing community wants to know. :wink:

9. RIVERRUNT

RIVERRUNT Member

State:
    reynoldsburg ohio
    Nice fish Garrett!!!!! Heard he caught it on a crappie minnow on a zebco 202 and hes having a fish fry next week everyones invited:smile2:

10. maddcatter

maddcatter New Member

State:
    Newark, Oh
    Way to go on th PB!!!!

11. ProRocketJP

ProRocketJP New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Congrats on PB and how does one get the FLATHUNTER guide service????

12. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I think the REAL story needs to come out. :wink:

13. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i heard a rumor it was a 52 lb Softshell! :confused2::crazy:

14. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Garret couldn't have caught a 52 pound Flathead for the simple reason they don't make Baby-Wipes big enough to hold one with. lol

15. RIVERRUNT

RIVERRUNT Member

State:
    reynoldsburg ohio
    Garrett started his own company.Garretts Big Cat Wipes.New and improved with more gripping power.Try Some Today!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Well Jack if you can't catch any the secret is take a boc'er an let them do the catching for ya! j/k of course. Congrats Garrett.

17. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    The real story is brutal, I dont think you guys want to know it.

18. Garrett Cope

Garrett Cope New Member

State:
    Columbus Ohio
    If turtles counted i'd have had a PB for sure:wink:. Thanks to Roger my phone has been ringing all day:tounge_out:. But not only didn't i catch a PB..neither Jack or i caught a single fish due to the most ridiculous amount of turtles in a river i've ever seen in my life. They attacked and ate every bait we threw like starving children at the country buffet. But a trip fishing with someone as knowledgeable and just plain nice as Jack is never a waste. I definitely picked up a wealth of know how just fishing with the man for an afternoon. I'm sure our next trip will be more successful and one of these days hopefully that headline Roger wrote will be true. (I'd take a 40 for sure even!). Thanks again Jack for the fishing and the conversation. I had a great time anyway. Now one more question....is it legal to bowfish specifically for turtles?:wink:

19. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I never went thru a day like that..The turtles would hit your bait everytime as soon as it hit bottom, and would not stop ALL day.

Did I mention it was very, very, hot,,Then it rained hard...Then the trotliners moved in:angry:

Never had a day when so many things went wrong.

It was nice meeting Garret, he is a good guy, and fun to fish with.

I just wish the day would have went better, but I had a feeling we was to early for this spot.

In a couple weeks, I hope things will be different.

20. Chris Giff

Chris Giff New Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Ohio
    Wasn't just you guys..I went last night to my new spot too and it was filled with turtles or gars I still dunno which..every gill or bass I threw out came back in with its belly slit open and bites on its gill covers. Same with the cut bait..every hook set was air though so I dunno what it was. Caught one lil flatty but rest of the night was just frustrating.