Garr Creek thieves (Please read)

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by CKT, May 15, 2007.

1. CKT

CKT Member

State:
    Winston-Salem,NC
    went to badin today and mad the mistake of parking at garr creek ! i have parked there several times this year and had no problem , but today was different ! came back to the truck and when i cranked my diesel truck i noticed it was louder! after pulling the boat out we discovered that someone with a small saw cut the exhaust pipe out from under my truck . they included the catalytic converter with it ! my truck is a 97 dodge diesel and it is white ! im offering a $300.00 reward for information leading to the arrest of this person(s). check out the pics. your idenity will not be revealed. be careful where you park !!!! no fish for us today !

Attached Files:

2. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Brother I'm so sorry you have had this happen to you!! I hope the punks that did this get caught real fast. That is terrible!! Ya go out to relax and see if the fish is bitin and come back to that,what jerks!!GRRRRRRRRRRRRR:angry_2:

3. scott1

scott1 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    kind of makes you wish you would have caught them in the act.

4. riddleofsteel

riddleofsteel New Member

State:
    NC
    Sounds like a good place for a hidden trail camera and a bait vehicle with some goodies for them to steal.

5. Shark

Shark Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I takes a low down somebody to do something like that. I would have liked to have caught them under there with a saw and me with my .45 then we would have seen who was bigger. Sorry man I fished Garr creek for a couple of hours today and went hunting bait this morning but didn't here any out of the way noises. Where did you fish today ? We pretty much got skunked to just two little ones. Good luck on you hunt.

6. NCCatter

NCCatter Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I have heard recently that they have been hitting Blewett Falls and Tillery also. These criminals are lower than whale crap on the bottom of the ocean!!! You cannot have ANYTHING around here without the risk of some thief making it his own. I know alot of people will say it happens everywhere, but I'm telling you folks, there are so many thieves, drug dealers, etc. around this area it's pathetic. Problem is (at least where I'm from) the cops do nothing, because most times the cops are the main perpetrators!!! So sad...........

7. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    I hate to hear about low lifes stealing things at the boat ramp but it happens somewhere everyday. I saw on the news over the last few weeks were people had stolen catalytic converter from cars along the interstate after they had broke down.

8. McDreamy

McDreamy New Member

State:
    nc
    people are stealing catilatic convertors and selling them for bunches about 80$ a peicei dont know where at but if i hear anything ill let yall know

9. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Two Sundays ago, while we were having a striper tournament on Lake Norman vandals had their way with boat trailers. At two different public landings, they went around and turn the lug nuts enough that when the boat was loaded on the trailer and traveled several miles, the lugs would become loose and the wheel would come off or ream out the lug holes. What kind of fun could this be? I guess we should start checking our lugs become we load the boat and leave the public landing for our trip back home.

10. McDreamy

McDreamy New Member

State:
    nc
    i think the law enforcement needs to start payingmore attention to public access areas causei have gone fishing at a few places before and had my tires slashed or mytruck keyed also had my trailer stolen and my camper top busted in before. hell if i could figure out away todo it i would love to send about 2000 volts of eletricitythrough anyone that touched mytruck for meaniness

11. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    took my aint and my mother fishing one nite at a local lake here in mena.when we came in to load the boat some one had cut one tire on truck and one tire on boat trailer.they used my motor buddy to break the drivers side window.they then took every thing out of the truch and scattered it all over the boat ramp.they took my 22 rifle and beat it against a tree and just left it.i told the police i was gonna set a trap and shoot some body.they told me to leave it to them.the police cought them the second nite doing the same thing to some one else car.they wouldnt give me the names because they were minors.they made a deal out of court and i didnt get payed for damages.the system let me down so now i take care of my own.

12. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    I've had a trail camera (with my name & contact info on it) and a tree stand stolen but to have the nerve to cut off your exhaust system to steal it is really low and pathetic. Sorry to hear it happened to you.

13. riddleofsteel

riddleofsteel New Member

State:
    NC
    I have a friend in local law enforcement. He told me a group of Mexicans were caught stealing converters in the High Point/Greensboro/ Winston Salem and Durham areas. Some were stolen from restaurant parking lots, parking garages, and other places the scum were pretty sure the owners weren't coming back for a while. He said a lot were cut off using battery operated disk grinders. They estimated it takes less than five minute to slide under and drop the converter and be gone. He also said they target trucks and SUV's because they are easy to get under. I hear they are worth 90 to 100 dollars for the platinum in them.
    The guy that really needs his balls cut off is the one buying the converters.

14. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Sorry to hear about those theives, they are the scum of the earth. Good luck finding out who they are.

15. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    It does take a low life to do such a thing! Sorry to hear. There are several places around Little rock that i wouldn't leave mine parked at, especially after dark!

16. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Too bad they were not under the truck when you drove off... :lol:

17. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Lordy, don't tell that to the crack heads up here!! Scary enough to leave your truck at the ramp.

On the other hand be glad it was just a converter, up here they have took to climbing under houses and hacking out the copper water lines.

18. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    We have a local boat ramp on Kerr in oklahoma that has been nick named Rip off ramp. I know people that have had their vehicles stripped down while doing a little fishing..it happens day and night and has for over 20 years..To my knowledge they have never been caught and it has been staked out by game wardens and law enforcement. Personally i think it is somone who lives near by. it was probably someone who needed a fix for drugs. I have a friend who works on Big rigs and they are coming out with a converter for semi trucks this year or next year mandatory and they will cost around 3000 dollars each imagine how hard they will be hit:angry: I am sorry for your loss i believe they will suffer from the old saying"what comes around goes around".

19. kylekutta

kylekutta New Member

State:
    NC
    ILL GOTTEN GAINS, BEARS BITTER FRUIT!!!

20. daddio

daddio New Member

State:
    kansas
    it's a cryin shame you can't go fishin these day's without fool's messin with your stuff