Garmin 250c

Discussion in 'Fishing Electronics Review' started by BassMassey, May 31, 2008.

1. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    Just got this unit from bps. They had it marked down to $320, and said it was discontinued. Did i get a good deal? lol. I haven't had mounted it yet but have been reading through the book a bit. Seems like a nice unit. Does anyone use garmin that can give me some feedback?

2. PeeDee Cat

PeeDee Cat Member

State:
    SC
    I have a 250 Black & white. Have had it for about 4 yrs. love it to death. I have no complaints except I wish I had bought a color. I have used hummingbird,lowrance (Eagle) over the years and I am well satisfied with the 250. Have used it in fresh and salt water. What sold me on it was that I did a lot of research on depth finders and a friend of mine had one and I fished with him in salt water several times and I found out that it was a real good unit. If you have a garmin hand held gps U can hook it up to your 250. I think you bought a very good unit it takes a while to learn to use it. Just take your time and follow the directions if U have any problem U can call or email garmin the have a heck of a customer service.
    PEEDEE CAT

3. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    sounds good.. From reading the book so far it seems really nice. I didn't plan on spending that much on a sonar, but it was marked down from $450 and i felt like i was getting a good deal.....thanks for the review!!-bassmassey

4. PeeDee Cat

PeeDee Cat Member

State:
    SC
    U paid a good price I paid 250 for mine 4 years ago.
    PEEDEE CAT