Garlic Worms

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by bdporch, Jul 29, 2008.

1. bdporch

bdporch New Member

State:
    tennessee
    Ok i been i have been known to do dumb stuff so ignore this if ya like lol. I tried this and wondered if anyone else has?? take a big container and dump 3 boxes nightcrawlers in it, put in 2 small cloves of garlic, put in refrigerator for a week. when you go fishing your worms smell just like garlic.i think they absorb it through the soil. Anyways i use these and it seems like they really do hit it better. the garlic will actually grow in the container and start sprouting up green thats when its time to use it!!!! Hope this helps you guys catch more fish. Anyways good fishin and good catching. Remember LIVE BAIT!!!!!

2. k_ro_jr

k_ro_jr New Member

State:
    Carthage, Tn
    never used garlic in worms before but I do use it in shrimp. Basiclly the same way you have described, take the shrimp in a sealed container and add Garlic salt, garlic powder and salt or fresh garlic and salt, mix well by shaking and ready to use same day, I try to prepare a day ahead. The last batch I made I used about 3 heaping table spoons of fresh minced garlic you buy in a jar and about 2 or 3 table spoons of salt and that worked pretty good. I used whole bait shrimp I can buy @ the grocery store here for $2 and some change for a bag, about 1lb each, fishing the lakes around here I have had better luck with this than I have with shad(cut bait, guts), livers, chicken breast, worms or anything I have tried so far.

3. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    My grandfather was a master at all these crazy sounding concoctions and they produced good quantity of fish too..I've also been seeing in the baitshops here lately that they have "glo worms"..I didn't believe it till I saw it but sure enough they have nightcrawlers that glow in the dark..

4. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    If I wanted 'glo-worms', I think I'd just catch some fireflies and rub the yellow goo onto the worm. Come to think of it, why wouldn't that work with other baits just as well?

5. Zing

Zing Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Dover you might be onto something there. Are you catching channels?

6. Zing

Zing Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I just remembered there was a bait shop that opened in crump for a short period and they where selling shad guts with garlic. I can not remember if I caught any more fish than with regular shad guts

7. bdporch

bdporch New Member

State:
    tennessee
    ya channels mostly occoional blue but even the 5-8 lbers like em.