Garlic question

Discussion in 'Homemade baits' started by kingofsand21, Sep 17, 2009.

1. kingofsand21

kingofsand21 New Member

State:
    MD
    I just mixed up some crayfish tails, mussles, and shrimp in a ziplock bag last night I was thinking of marinating it with some garlic before I try it. Is there a difference in using fresh minced garlic and dry garlic powder spice?

2. bigBB

bigBB Member

State:
    St.Louis, MO
    I have always just used garlic salt.. works for me

3. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    all ive had layin aorund was garlic powder..works fine

4. Eich

Eich New Member

State:
    Mount Joy,
    Personally I would try some marinated and some just natural to give more of a variety. It really couldn't hurt. :wink:

Ray

5. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    dosent matter both work well.ive asked that same question cause i had ran out of the powder and all i had was the minced.It worked like a charm to,so which ever you got works fine:wink:

6. playin4funami

playin4funami New Member

State:
    Saronville Ne.
    I would divide it up then fish it side by side one with garlic the other without and see which one works better or if they work the same. I havn't had any better luck with baits like shrimp and crawdads with garlic on them than those without. On baits like hotdog chunks and other bland baits it might make a bigger difference. plain garlic will do the same as garlic salt for flavor I imagine, but the salt will help toughen up your bait.

7. Angler Ace

Angler Ace New Member

State:
    Pleasant Hill,
    Minced Garlic is stronger, and last longer. Thats what I use.

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I agree with this post. Both the powder an minced garlic will work. I would be more concerned with the time of mixed before using. I like a couple of days.