Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

Gardner Lake

2K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  KC Jayhawk 78 
#1 ·
Has anyone been out here this summer ? I was out there last Tuesday , me and my buddy Chris tore up between 40 and 50 2-7 lb. channels, between 10 pm. and 430 am. Ive been back twice since only getting one channel. I heard the old state record came out of here, the one before Larry Wrights. I saw an old fella pull out an 18lber Monday night. I will post the pics of the 20 biggest ones that we kept, as soon as I get my pics developed. I know the limit is 2 per night out there. I promise we threw them all back after we took pics. :rolleyes:

#8 ·
This is me on the left , and my buddy Chris on the right , this is the fish we caught at Gardner Lake , about a month ago , I dont know what was going on , if they were spawning in the rocks or what , but we caught about 45- 50 , we kept the 20 biggest , and put them in the pond at our work. As you can tell by the liver cups and Chris's hat we both work at Tyson Distribution in Olathe.

http://img46.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc184&image=288_img003.JPG
http://img45.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc118&image=97c_img004.JPG
http://img44.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc85&image=8c3_jpeg001.JPG

#9 ·
Thats a small little fountain pond on the side of our building, but only 3 died , and I suspect thats the ones that the hooks were buried in deep , I tried to get them out but no luck , so I ended up cutting the line. Theyve been in there for about a month now. No more have died. There is tons of frogs and tadpoles in there , so I know they can survive. The other pics with the building in the background and the little fountain pond in the background were from back in May. I caught that 2 lb. channel out of the pond after everyone in the company said there werent any fish in the pond, and that fish couldnt survive in there. With that fountain , they get plenty of oxygen. I believe that channel survived the winter, so I hope these others will too. From time to time I feed them sausage or whatever Ive got laying around. I dont want them to become dependent on me for food. The single cat Im holding in the pic was real healthy , so I think they will gorge themselves on tadpoles. So hopefully next spring and summer they will all be bigger.

#12 ·
no brian , thats not it , the pond im talking about is not big at all , about 150 ft long , and about 25 ft wide. It is right next to the Tyson Foods building on 159th st. off of 169 highway , you cant see it from the street, but if you park by the end of the building , you will see a black metal fence , its in their. There is a fountain that shoots water up about 10 ft in the air. The fence has a padlock on it , but its never locked. If you ever go up there to fish, wait till its dark out, and dont use any lanterns or lights. There is plenty of light from the lights on the building. Another thing , the cats only seem to bite suspended from the bottom. I havent got any bites on the bottom. I use slip bobber rig with stink bait or chicken livers. Throw right out in the middle. Set your stop on your slip bobber rig at about 8 ft deep. There is security on the premises , but the worst they will do is ask you to leave , they wont call the cops. Trust me on that. Good luck if you ever go out there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.