Gardner lake

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by boombalaty, May 21, 2009.

1. boombalaty

boombalaty New Member

Took the little man out today for a while a G lake. It was pretty nice til some guy in a boat started running the length of the lake back and forth at full tilt. I couldnt believe it. It was so bad people were coming out of their houses with air horns trying to get him to stop. When i started fishing the water was clear with about 4-5 foot deep vis and I was killin slab bluegill and small crappie. After he showed up and churned up the whole more fish. What is wrong with people?
  2. 1mickymoo

1mickymoo New Member

Edgerton, Kansas
    people just have no manners anymore, it's a real shame.

3. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

Kansas City, Ks
  4. GaryF

GaryF New Member

O.P., KS
    It's supposed to be no wake, isn't it?

I was fishing out there one day last fall and some guy came careening down the lake in a little jon boat at full tilt. He ran around like that for a few minutes while his buddy backed a flatbed trailer in... I guess they were taking the boat out for the season. The guy made a beeline for the trailer at about 20 mph, ran up on it for a smooth landing... except for the outboard :smile2: They had to have done some serious damage, but they didn't even bother looking at it before driving off.
  5. delbert bumbleshoot

delbert bumbleshoot New Member

Overland Park,Kansas
    Too bad I wasn't there I could have fired a shot across his bow with my trusty tater gun.That might have got his attention.If not the next one would be headed for his noggin.Of course a cell phone call to the Gardner police might work too_One day I was at the big lake at Pleasonton in my jon boat working a school of 4-8 lb channel cats on the surface. This scmuck in a bass tracker with a 40hp motor comes screaming through the middle of my fish at full throttle.If I had been packing heat I swear I would have cut loose a couple of rounds across his bow. I did have a slingshot with marbles that I keep handy for those pesky geese so when he did it the second time I almost hit his boat with a shooter marble.So the next day I'm back at the same lake and I see this dude bass fishing next to the bank.Only I'm not in the jon boat I'm in my Triton bass boat.So I figured I would see just how big of wake I could leave if I went by 40 yards away at 60mph turnabout is fairplay....He didn't like it too much either.Of course he probably wasn't catching anything anyway.