Gardner Lake

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by channelcatdrew, Apr 12, 2009.

1. channelcatdrew

channelcatdrew New Member

State:
    Olathe,KS
    i went out to gardner lake yesterday and didnt have any luck, tried where the creek flows into the lake. i think if i woulda been there bout 2 hours earlier when the water was flowin good i coulda done better. oh well there's always next time.

2. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Rains are coming Drew...you will get another chance with some water flowing in soon.

Good luck..

3. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Troy , here in a couple weeks, go get Shelby and he'll show you around out there. :wink:

4. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Troy way to get after them hell or high water:wink:

Cant catch them setting at home like some of us lazy butt's out here:smile2::smile2:

5. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    Troy, Congrats on the fish:smile2: no problem on the reel I am sure you will get the hang of it also it is very important to fill the spool completly to within and 1/8 of an inch of the spool.

Like I said before we can kill two birds with one stone and I can show you how to throw a castnet as well.:wink:

6. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Troy,
    Congrats on catching some fine channel cats. Those sound like they would have been perfect eating size. Why'd you let supper go? :smile2::eek:oooh::confused2:

7. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Thats the nice thing about having a stock tank. I'll bring a couple home and put them in there. Then I can clean them when I feel like it. :cool2:

8. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I took the kids out to Olathe and Gardner lakes yesterday. We spent at hour at Olathe looking for shad. Finally managed one shad. Then we headed to Gardner. We used cut shad, cut bluegils, shrimp, worms, and liver. With all that beat we still didn't manage one catfish! We did catch a couple little bass off worms fished on the bottom. And my son Derek had a blast catching bluegils. Sure was a nice day to be out! :big_smile:

9. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Troy,
    Sounds like you were full of bull... heads. LOL Sometimes the bullheads just take over there. Not sure why and it seems to only happen every once in a while. I guess that means no real cats were around or they would have ate the bullheads. :eek:oooh:

10. kmcalester

kmcalester Active Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Troy that's a good channel.

11. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    Troy, No we did'nt even get a bite:confused2::embarassed:Lol. With as warm as the water felt I don't know where they are somewhere we can't fish without a boat I am guessin. Maybe they will bring the feeder back sometime soon.

12. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Yeah they really need to quick. It would be nice to at least catch a couple of eaters. :sad2:

13. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    The last several years they put the feeder in the first or 2nd week of April. If they don't put it in soon then I'll bet it won't get put in this year. :sad2:

14. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    You can always call the City of Gardner and ask them when it will be filled. 913-856-7535. My kids are fighting and I can't call anybody plus I'm supposed to be working. :eek:oooh:

15. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Troy,
    Thanks for posting that! Sounds good on the feeder. :big_smile:

16. delbert bumbleshoot

delbert bumbleshoot New Member

State:
    Overland Park,Kansas
    Yeah they haven't put 'em out at shawnee mission either.It would appear that kdwp is slackin off around here. They are operational in region 5 {to the south].I will call and chew somebodies behind out.Straight to Mike Hayden. Yeah right.:angry::angry:

17. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Did you get anywhere Eric? :smile2:

18. channelcatdrew

channelcatdrew New Member

State:
    Olathe,KS
    i was out there about a week ago catchin some crappie and they hadnt put them out yet. hopefully soon though.

19. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    The feeder is in at Gardner and it is on. We fished there for a few hours yesterday. It went off at 5pm. But there are no catfish left in the lake. :sad2::sad2: They all vanished. :eek:oooh:

For that matter maybe all the catfish have vanished in the entire state! I've been fishing about 15 times this year and have yet to catch one catfish on rod and reel. Well other than bullhead.

20. gdlocal10

gdlocal10 New Member

State:
    kansas
    went out tonight no fish, i think they heard about the fish off,plenty of misquitoes,lolnot one fish bite, think we lost 2 pints, it shouldnt be too long the weather settles for a while they ll come around