Gardner Lake Depth map - Soon!

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by KBSJayhawk, Aug 25, 2006.

1. KBSJayhawk

KBSJayhawk New Member

State:
    Kansas
    If anyone was out at Gardner Lake today (Friday) between noon and 3, and saw three fellows out in a boat with a blue canopy going round and round the lake, that was us performing a bathymetric survey. We should have the data processed by middle of next week, and I'll post the map here, as I did with Olathe and Carbondale Lakes.

2. cat lineman

cat lineman New Member

State:
    kansas
    That would be great, thanks

3. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I can't wait to see the map! I wonder how deep the deepest part of Gardner is?

4. KBSJayhawk

KBSJayhawk New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Gardner's not terribly deep, compared to, say, Olathe Lake. I think the deepest reading we got for Gardner was around 12.5 meters, or about 36 feet.

5. Charlie365

Charlie365 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Mark,

That's great news !! Thanks for expanding the usage of your research and making it available to us normal guys.

I'm wondering if you can share a little bit about the accuracy of the mapping process ?

How detailed is it ? Does it show measurements every few feet ?

What's the difference between your mapping and a topographical map ?

Will it show most of the bottom variations like humps, depressions, etc., or does it average them out somewhat ?

Will smaller humps, depressions, etc. be lost in the mix ?

And how accurate is the resulting depth presentation ? plus or minus 5 ft, plus or minus 6", +-10%, etc.

Inquiring minds wonder about these sorts of things.......

6. GrandpaGoneFishing

GrandpaGoneFishing Well-Known Member

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    Were can I find your maps? I'd really like more information. I live at Linn Valley lakes and wonder if they have ever been mapped.
    thanks for any help.